You know you're a Tesla Model 3 fanatic when...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Electric Jen, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Electric Jen

Electric Jen Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After so much waiting it is finally here - the week of the deliveries of the very first Tesla Model 3 vehicles! Whether you waited in line to plunk down a deposit on March 31, 2016 hours before a prototype was unveiled or recently got caught up in the madness, it’s hard to deny just how hooked some of us are on the Model 3. Pretty amazing for a car that isn’t technically for sale yet and that many of us will not see in this calendar year. Here’s how you know you’re a little bit of a fanatic:

You have waited what feels like forever for this final reveal, and now that it’s almost here can’t focus on anything else

You wake up knowing how many days are left until the 28th

You signed up for Twitter to notify you when Elon tweets

You signed up for Twitter, period

You have mentally designed your Model 3 many times, despite not actually knowing what options will be offered and how much they will cost

You have tried to figure out where you are on the waiting list and estimated when you will get your car

You’ve started a blog, podcast or YouTube channel

You have a Tesla related license plate on the gasoline powered car your Model 3 will be replacing

You’ve measured your garage, figured out placement of your charging set up, received an estimate from an electrician, or already installed it

You seek out and analyze even the smallest piece of “news” or speculation about Model 3

You’ve whipped out a spreadsheet to try to do math on: reservations, deliveries, number of options or some other aspect of the Model 3 because you’re desperate to know something; anything!

What else? Drop it in the comments!

Article: You know you're a Tesla Model 3 fanatic when...

2. Taylor S Marks

What do you mean days? I switched over to hours last week, and I periodically include the minutes as of yesterday.

We're just 79 hours and 23 minutes from the reveal! Or 4763 minutes!

I'll probably switch over to just minutes on Friday. Won't include seconds cuz they're very silly. Plus Musk is likely to be late by a few minutes anyways, so even minutes are a bit silly.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bryan Baker

Bryan Baker New Member

Contacted EVAnnex to manufacture and sell a custom dash-mounted, grass skirted dancing Elon Musk (yes, they responded--seemingly in the affirmative!).

4. Bryan Baker

Bryan Baker New Member

Your six year old daughter excitedly asks every time a Tesla goes by, "Is that a Model 3?" (And in Sacramento, CA, that's a lot.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Canuck

Canuck New Member

You get a Tesla logo tattoo and are guilty of all the above and while killing time you create this...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bidda

Bidda New Member

When you buy a Model S to get Model 3 sooner....(I did ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Quietbyday

Quietbyday New Member

When you invest a sizeable amount of your savings in Tesla stock and live the nail-biting thrill of watching the ticker daily.

When you engage in endless comments-section discussions on the pros and cons of Tesla's business model and prospects for world domination.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. RedModel3

RedModel3 New Member

You move out of your house after 20 years so you have a garage to put your car in.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Taylor S Marks

Ha! I did that. Kind of. Less than two years after getting my first apartment, I bought my first house so I'd have a garage to put my Model 3 in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stevez1

Stevez1 New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what the first release offerings are going to be! Then the wait until my reservation comes up in the queue which just might be about the time they offer the next options: larger battery, dual motors, etc. We will see...

11. Darko

Darko New Member

...After so many years you buy a Matchbox toy car again - but this time it is a Tesla...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Electric Jen

Electric Jen Member

It's so hard not to grab one every time you see one. Me in the supermarket Sunday:
    We don't need a black one, do we? We have red and silver already.
    Husband: I also have a black one in my office....

• Like Like x 1
  13. vincent wolf

vincent wolf Member

You know your a Tesla fanatic if you would nominate Musk for President. I know he would have my vote.

14. AndrewF

AndrewF New Member

You know you're obsessed when your daughter's 8th birthday is coming up on the 28th of July,and that's not the reason you're counting down the days.

15. PapaSlabes

PapaSlabes New Member

You know you're a Tesla fanatic when you listen to three different Tesla podcasts every week that talk about exactly the same things.

16. idarwin

idarwin New Member

If you can get your daughter excited about Tesla's role in "advancing sustainable transport" then maybe it can be a defining moment of the stars crossing their paths in the sky for her when the Model 3 is released on her birthday in a year when she's old enough to care about the world.

17. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

When you wake up at 6:30 am while on vacation in the Bay Area and, while the rest of the family is still resting, you go scout the Fremont plan for an hour, hoping to see your first Model 3... then after an hour, with no success, you return to your hotel and still feel your day will be good...
    :)

IMG_4620.JPG

18. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

I just ran on this very appropriate quote for all us Model 3 reservation holders...so sharing it with all of ya!

'Patience is not the ability to wait, it is how you act when you are waiting...' (Jon Kabatt-Zinn)

Let's continue to thoroughly enjoy our time on the forum while we wait... for some of us for a long, long time! ;)