Will you buy without seeing Model 3 in person?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Teslaliving, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
?

Would you order Model 3 without seeing or test driving?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Yes, if I have details on production vehicle

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Many Model S and X owners ordered their cars before being able to see them in person, let alone test drive them. Would you do that for the Model 3?

For myself, I just want to know the details on the final vehicle and any options I'm considering. I don't need to see them in person but I do want to know what they did with the HUD etc.

2. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

No, not even when the model 3 would have had the full package with 100D. Still there could be too many things to decide not to buy. You don't buy only the specifics, but a whole package.

3. LeoChelsea

LeoChelsea New Member

I don't trust any review other than my own when plucking down 35K plus dollars. Without going into specifics, I read how great this particular brand of foreign car was and leased it without even a test drive. HUGE mistake. The car rode like a rolling rock, had no better frequency of repair record of any previous car I owned and was stuck with it for three years. I may overlook some deficiencies, especially because I love Tesla's advanced features and design, but at least I will be aware of them in advance of the purchase after a test drive.

4. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Me too, ................I'm mad about Tesla, but....
    First a testdrive and range check. After that I will decide to buy a Tesla or another electric car. I am not going to spend over $60.000 for a car without knowing what to buy. Not even for a M3 P85D (without loudicrous) in the past family-colors of my wife's and mine. Nobility blue.

Hovscorpion12 likes this.
  5. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Given the new update on no HUD, I may actually want to drive the 3 before seeing it to see if I think I can live without a dash. Also, since I have to wait for AWD anyway, I think I'll get a chance to do so.

Michael Russo likes this.
  6. Hovscorpion12

Hovscorpion12 New Member

I've test driven the S and the X on multiple occasions until I felt comfortable. I don't believe the 3 will be any different with the exception of the one display and steering wheel. With both Musk and Tesla PR downplaying the 3 as "not a smaller Model S", my expectations and hype is not to high. That being said, I would have to at least sit inside the Model 3 before making my decision.

7. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

I will not buy before I testdrove. Not even after the recent video s and pictures.

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

That should not be an issue; my bet is that test drives will be possible on this side of the water by end Q1 2018, probably as much as 6 long months before we are asked to configure and, if we so want, order the car. You're in good shape...
    Patience is a virtue... :cool:

9. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

I do have the patience, no question about that..........but am I willing to go for the 3 or.........half a year later the Lucid Air, when I have my finances in order.

10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Well, to each his own... for me, it's Model ≡, definitely... There are still so many unknown facts about the Lucid Air, starting with... will it actually ever be built...? Where would you charge it? Would it even be imported to Europe? And, even if all these are answered to your satisfaction, IMHO, it appears waaaaay too big for EU norms... Of course, you do have very large cars already in the family so more natural to you! ;)
    Good rest of the evening & welterusten !! :)

11. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

@michael,
    Hi thanks, I had a good night rest and some sweet dreams.
    Will it definitely be a Model 3? Even when the looks are simular to a Opel Astra 1.6 build in the nineties?
    And way smaller, simpler and with far less options than the model S?

You are right. The Lucid is a big one, but not much more then model S. And yes, It has a all American style, but I have to say (never thought I would about the typical American style, without wanting to offend anybody), the lines are quite delicate and fine with a certain finesse; therefore it can suit the European market as well.
    Even if I had the money, I never would buy the kind of cars my family posesses. Maserati's, Mercedes-Maybach, Maybachs, Bentleys, Ferrari's, Jaguars, Porsches etc are way too vulgar. Even some Lambo's are.
    I can and will defend Tesla's and Lucid, simply because they are electric start-ups.
    Lucid raised money to build their new plant. So I think Lucid is going to be a reality contrary to Faraday's past Future.
    Pietro.

12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

@Mergoscia (Pietro ;)),
    Since we have not seen Model ≡ other than on pics and as the final interior may not have yet revealed all of its secrets, it is understandable that caution be in order for most... :cool:

As far as I can tell from the sightings on the other side of the water, I am totally sold on the exterior design... While I can kinda spot the (extremely) vague resemblance to a past Astra, the latter is by far not the first car that comes to mind when I see Model ≡; rather a Porsche or even an Aston Martin... not of them are clones obviously, yet we're talking what the car makes you think of....

Anyways, we'll see, 'in person', by the end of the year, or soon thereafter over here in Europe. And if, by the time you are asked to order, you do have the Air as alternative to buy in the Netherlands and it scratches your itch more effectively, so be it... let Lucid-ity drive you... :D

End of the weekend here. Time to call it a night again... ;)

13. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Great question! I know my family will go through with the purchase without seeing one and/or driving one.

The only possible exception is if the CAD gets even weaker than it already is... If the exchange rate stays as is, we should be good with the potential 14,000$ CAD incentive here in Ontario.

Michael Russo likes this.
  14. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Very nice to read. I hope for you the exchange rate will stay positive. 14.000$ CAD is not a small bite of the pie. Ontario is doing great!

Tesla Addict likes this.
  15. M3Fan

M3Fan New Member

I testdrove a Model S before putting down my Model 3 reservation. Would prefer to test drive a Model 3 before configuring. But I absolutely want to be able to sit inside a Model 3 and see how it "fits" (I am tall) and ensure the seats are comfortable before configuring a 3.

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

I think most of us are on the same page and will be able to do so anyways... :)