Which tesla to buy

Discussion in 'Model S' started by syclonnos, Apr 24, 2019.

1. syclonnos

syclonnos New Member

I have wanted to buy a tesla for a while, they're becoming more affordable and I wanted some advice before finally taking the plunge. I live close to work but I would be unable to charge an EV where I live. So for the foreseeable future I would be reliant on the supercharger network. The decision I would like some help with is whether I should buy a new model 3 or a used model S. The used model S I have been trying to find would be one made in the last quarter of 2016 that still came with free supercharging and would still be grandfathered down to me. This Model S also has the updated hardware for enhanced autopilot. I've seen one or two for sale but I think more will be toward the end of the year when leases from that time period would be up. It would still cost more then a decently equipped new model 3 but in the long term I figured I would save by using the supercharger network for free. I did speak to someone at tesla about using the supercharger network only, and they said its not great for the battery but for people who don't have to charge every day and have nowhere else to charge its ok. I'm unsure of how much it costs to charge a model 3 weekly, if the cost savings would be worth getting the S. If anyone has and advice or thoughts I'd appreciate it, thank you.