When will Model 3 be in T≡SLA Stores?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 16, 2017.

1. 2fatpugs

2fatpugs New Member

I was at the Palo Alto store too, waited in line for 1h 30mins so I can sit in the Model 3 for 2 mins :|

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

And, pray tell us more...! ;)

3. 2fatpugs

2fatpugs New Member

The seats were pretty comfortable and supportive. The panels were well aligned and the fit and feel was good. The Model 3 I sat in did have the cloth liner which I think is perfectly fine. I really wished they would let us demo the sound system. It would have been nice to see how it compares to the Mark Levinson (Lexus) and Lexicon (Rolls Royce, Hyundai) systems. Once I get my Model 3, I'll run Room EQ Wizard on it and I'll post the results.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Thanks for sharing!!

5. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Active Member

I currently have the mark levinson system in my car and im hoping the M3 will have something comparable. Thanks for sharin

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Good evening, Johnny! Hope Model ≡ comes to a Store near you soon!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

And now... coming to a Florida Store near you... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Can’t help to notice that this is - again - yet another one that they could sent to me first ...

Your friendly Midnight Silver aficionado from Europe... :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

And here is my second try... ;)

11. JordanWilliamson

Tesla apparently has a Model 3 on display at Yorkdale mall in Toronto, went on display on Friday.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

And here is @TrevP ’s brief coverage for M3OC:

13. Brian & Sue Patsy

Brian & Sue Patsy New Member

Still waiting for the M3 in our Cincinnati Ohio showroom. We've been invited to design (April 1, MS owner) but we're holding out for AWD and cream interior. Wish we would test drive at our local dealership.

14. JordanWilliamson

I went to see the Model 3 in Toronto on the weekend. No real wait.

I was very impressed with the car. The seats felt good, the car felt low to the ground but the seats did not, if that makes sense. I liked the display. Seeing the wood-grain made me like it even less.

15. Brian & Sue Patsy

Brian & Sue Patsy New Member

Good news for prospective Model 3 owners in Ohio - the Columbus Tesla store at Easton Town Center has a midnight silver Model 3 on display. According to the Tesla rep, the Columbus Tesla store is the 7th city/location to receive a M3 for display, which is quite remarkable considering the other cities with a M3 have much larger population centers. Apparently, the Columbus Tesla store and a financial donor fought hard to get the car as a part of their Smart City initiatives to substantially increase EV participation by Columbus residents.

Our impressions of our first look at the M3 as a MS owner and M3 reservation holder who has been invited to design (waiting for AWD):
    1. The M3 looks much more stylish and sleek in person vs. photographs.
    2. It is amazing the quality of the view looking out the front windshield while sitting behind the wheel. The low dashboard and curvature of the front hood creates much better visibility.
    3. Loved the door handles, in spite of many complaints by critics. Very easy entry - doors pop open easily.
    4. Despite a first production vehicle with a VIN in the 6000 range, the trim and gap tolerances were surprisingly good. We could find no issues with the quality of the vehicle.
    5. The air vent system is amazing - very innovative!
    6. Plenty of head & leg room inside - similar to our MS, but not as wide - sitting 3 in the back would be tight.
    7. Center display very intuitive and easy to use.
    We decided on blue with white interior. We were thinking of cream interior, but were surprised to see that it was closer to the tan in our MS, than the stark white interior. Prefer the contrast of the white with blue, assuming we can order an interior other than black when the AWD is available.

16. Kaz

Kaz New Member

I got a quick tour of the M3 in Vancouver (the real Vancouver, not the lesser US city with the same name :) It looks like a great car. I started playing with the touch panel and the Tesla employee swatted my hand away and said not to change the settings. Fair enough I suppose considering we only had a few minutes and there were some people after us waiting to see it. Still, in the picosecond I had to play with the screen it felt responsive, as good as my Surface Pro 4. Now I need to wait a bit longer before I can actually get one.

17. JordanWilliamson

That's very strange. In Toronto you were allowed to do whatever you want with the car, kids were cranking the volume, flicking the lights, etc.

18. Kaz

Kaz New Member

I know, isn't that the whole point of getting to see the demo car? I know what the touch screen and controls look like from photos, I want to try them.