When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. MZ76

MZ76 New Member

Just joined the forum. I'm with you. Must have AWD on the east coast. Strangely enough, my wait time actually improved a bit. Went from Dec. 2018/Jan. 2019 to Late 2018. We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ledro

Ledro New Member

The downside in my view, to buying a used S is paying new M3 prices for a 3-5 year old used car with less range and no AP. Or 1.0 at best. No warranty or not much remaining warranty is also an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Does not sound like your leaning that much then, uh? ;)

Look, it’s all about needs and wants; if you have the patience, Model 3 is the right choice. If not, getting a Model S, even if without AP, gets you into the world of T≡SLA, you’d probably have unlimited free SC access, two binnacles and a large hatchback & trunkspace - if that matters to you... Warranty would probably not be totally done yet if you find one 3-4 years old with less than 40-50k miles...

All a matter of choice.. ;)

As long as you make the right one for you...

4. gohabsgo

gohabsgo New Member

Another Canadian here. Ordered December 26, 2017. Just got this update:
    First Production (Long range) - Late 2018
    Standard range - Early 2019
    AWD choice of 220 or 310 range - Late 2018

Is it possible that they're giving preference to Canadians for the AWD vehicle? I'd definitely need four-wheel drive with the winter we've had recently up here... (snow plows can only do so much when it's snowing 4 days in a row)

Rather surprising to see that I might get my car in less than a year from reservation date!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome, both to the forum and to the exciting world of T≡SLA reservation holders... ;)
    The whole story around AWD & Canada is not fully clear yet. Be aware that any ‘vague’ placeholders like ‘Late 2018’, ‘Early 2019’ are still only just that at this point until you get a more precise 3 months time window like in the US for early reservation holders.

So, stay tuned, the next few months are going to be critical to get a better for when all of our cars may be expected. If T≡SLA does meet their most recently reconfirmed weekly Model 3 production goal of 2.5k by end Q1 and ~5k by end Q2, we will have good reason to be optimistic! :)

6. fusionpowerEV

fusionpowerEV New Member

@gohabsgo , you are very fortunate - less than 12 month wait. Clearly Canadian/US reservations are being prioritised.
    With the delays the start of RHD production appears to have been pushed back. I reserved 5 February 2017 in Oz. Delivery was estimated as "early 2019" or about 24 months. Logged on this morning and the estimate is now simply "2019" which I interpret as maybe 30 - 34 months lag.

Delivery pushback.jpg

7. gohabsgo

gohabsgo New Member

I certainly am lucky! I'm surprised that the RHD orders are all being pushed back so much behind all the LHD cars. Especially since all the tech is in the centre display, I figured that Tesla could easily just swap where the steering wheel is and a few other pieces. Compared to a gas car, it's a much easier change.

Nevertheless, it seems like they're working on increasing the speed of their roll-out geographically as production increases.

8. Vacek

Vacek New Member

9. Yanman

Yanman New Member

Also canadien even if the team isn't performing this year ;)

Anyway, first post here and I've looked at my delivery estimation when I saw that for most of you, it was pushed back and i got the same suprise as gohabsgo. Was saying late 2018 since a very long time and today, Mid 2018... reservation April 4th 2016. If I divide the year in early, mid and late, mid = May to August, so it would be so nice to have it for my birthday in August!!!
    Tesla3.jpg

10. David Nye

David Nye New Member

#170 David Nye, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Another Australian reservation holder here, (not quite as early as you, mid year in my case) and my expected delivery date has gone from “Early 2019” to just ..... (edit) hmmm, had another look, it does still actually say 2019.
    To be honest, I’ve expected this all along and have pretty much said all along that if I see it in 2019 rather than 2020, I’ll be surprised.

So I’m disappointed, but NOT surprised. I’m still guessing that we will get our car in 2020, so lots of patience needed.
    However, I still think it will be worth the wait: production will be mature, software will be mature. I’d consider buying a used S to move things along, but it’s just too damn big for us and would barely fit in our garage.
    In the meantime we drive a PHEV, so most of our driving is electric anyway, soooo much nicer to drive than ICE.

Cya from downunder

• Like Like x 2
  11. pongajim

pongajim New Member

I will now be waiting for 3 years for the M3 and I was one of the early subscribers. Absolutely ridiculous.

12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Jim (taking a big bet with your name here... ;)), first of all welcome to the forum af the occasion of your first post.
    Since you did not provide any details on your location in your profile, I am curious as to why you are not expecting your car before the spring of 2019? Are you in a RHD country?

In any case, I know this is a long time to wait. I myself don’t expect to receive Midnight S≡R≡NITY much before mid-2019 now, having reserved on 10/10/16, making it relatively close to 3 years.
    I do believe though that what T≡SLA has done with Model 3 is truly revolutionary and well worth waiting for. We are still a few years away from seeing various compelling EV alternatives at comparable price levels with an ever growing fast charging network in major world areas...

Keep it up... based on all accounts of those who got their car already... you won’t regret it.

Take care, Mike

• Like Like x 1
  13. nwfan

nwfan New Member

Model S owner expect Model 3 to be delivered in March 2018. Ordered on Valentine's Day.
    Reserved in Dec 2017. Hope this is sign that non-owners are next.
    Pearl White, 19" wheels. EAP. Perm interior and long range battery.
    56,500 before taxes and fees. Get ready not 35k.

14. Kaz

Kaz New Member

Mine, on the other hand, has been moved UP several months. From 'late 2018' to 'mid 2018'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Active Member

In store march 31st non owner. Live in southern california and made my reservation at 1130am if i remember correctly. My window has been pushed to march-may. I expect the car july or august. The ramp is not going very well.

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

The ongoing thinking is T≡SLA will ship many Model ≡ orders to Canada during Q2 in order to delay the point at which the 200k cumulative sales threshold are hit in US, possibly to 7/1, thereby safeguarding the full $7.5k tax credit for US folks thru YE, Kaz...

17. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Unless you have inside information, actually, in all fairness, we don’t know how they’ve been really doing in recent weeks inside Fremont... The most recent estimate I’ve seen is the interesting Bloomberg analysis (see #168 above), which had them at close to 1,100 cars/week. Key is if they get close to 2k+ by end March. I am also very confident they’ll realize a significant ramp in Q2 which at this point is only a couple of months away.

Hang in there, Johnny. :) In the end, you’ll have your car a few months more than two years after you reserved, when I, on the other side of the water, hope it won’t be longer than a few months short of three years... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Active Member

Honestly, my wife's car and my car are paid off. Im not really in a big rush. I enjoy no payments. My deal breaker is losing half the or all the federal credit. So as long as its before that, Im a happy camper.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Good for you, Johnny. Certainly looks as if T≡SLA is doing everything they can to get as many as possible folks get access to the full tax credit thru possible YE.
    You’re still in a very good place. ;)

20. Kaz

Kaz New Member

I read that elsewhere too, and it does make sense. We have similar credits here in BC, but it's just $5000. They also run out, so hopefully I can claim mine before they do :)

• Agree Agree x 1