When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. aquadoggie

aquadoggie New Member

Delivered unfinished? Can you expand on that?

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Ok. Understand a little better, however...:
    1. You do remember the full tax credit, as currently in place, does not stop when the 200k threshold is reached, don’t you? It is for all delivered cars of that manufacturer during the next two quarters. Hence even if the 200k is reached in March - which I don’t think will be he case, IMHO, rather early April - you’d be good until at least September...
    2. I am not going to get too political here... yet, with regards to the cancellation of the tax credit as of 1/1/18, it is clearly not a done deal yet. By the looks of other GOp bills that were supposed to be easily passed by Congress, I’d say y’all may still have a chance at the tax credit not falling of the cliff! ;)
    If you want to read an already lengthy exchange in this topic, check out this thread on M3OC:
    https://model3ownersclub.com/threads/federal-tax-credit.2317/page-22#post-54789
    Fact is there were some aspects of the user interface (UI) that were not fully implemented on cars initially delivered to employees only...
    Remember, that was always one of the reasons they were not starting non-employee deliveries at first, in order to allow for fine tuning... and quick fixes. However, the ‘unfinished’ in the case of T≡SLA is relative, since everything can be and will be added over the air (OTA) !!
    In any case, all this should be totally cleared by the car you get your car.

So, my recommendation is... hang in there!! :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ellimb

Ellimb New Member

yeah ! like your nuts. hang on there lol

4. Ellimb

Ellimb New Member

Actually LHD reservists should encourage others to cancel, that way you will get your car faster. I suggest those in RHD countries having to wait another 18 long months should cancel too. Go On !

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Thanks for the info Michael, I was aware that it could be until the middle of the year until it expires. As far as the political aspect, who knows these days. Uncertain times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Keeping my fingers crossed for y’all!! :)

7. JordanWilliamson

JordanWilliamson New Member

As of the last week my Tesla account no longer has a expected delivery date posted. That can't be good news, it originally said Q2-Q3, then was moved to Late 2018 and now it doesn't have a date.

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Must be temporary, right @TrevP ?
    Give it a day or two. Normally all reservations outside of the US have ‘Late 2018’ as placeholder...

9. David Nye

David Nye New Member

G'day ladies and gentlemen, from downunder. (Australia).
    New to this forum, hadn't seen it till today.

Whilst I have had a reservation in for some months now, I am not really expecting my 3 until late 2019 (educated guess) or even 2020, so a lot of patience is required. In the meantime, we mainly drive a Mitsubishi PHEV for our day to day driving- if only it had more electric range. (It's only about 50klms before the ICE has to fire up.)
    I recently had the use of a Model S 100D for the weekend thanks to our local Tesla dealer - absolutely awesome machine, but just a bit too big for our needs, (fell in love with the car though.)

For those who haven't driven an EV before, hang in there, it's so much nicer than driving with an ICE.

Can't wait to get my Model 3, (but will have to......)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome, mate, and congrats on your positive spirit!!

11. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Nye

David Nye New Member

Thanks gentlemen (Michael and Johnnyboy)
    The Tesla website actually says "early 2019" for my model 3, but I'm guessing that's likely a bit too optimistic for us, RHD and all. Anyway time will tell, and who knows!

Good things come to those who wait. (And the more I read about the 3, the more I like it. Great that there are now a few good reviews on YouTube too!)

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Yeah, David, all delivery estimates outside of the US are placeholder indications for now. It will start to become a lot clearer by the late 2Q19 IMHO.
    Trust you saw the M3OC review by @TrevP and Kenneth Bokor, which is by far the most comprehensive, objective and hence valuable review todate!!

14. Ellimb

Ellimb New Member

How did you manage to get a MS for the week end ?

15. JordanWilliamson

Still nothing, been over a week now. Maybe it's a website glitch, I'm not sure.

16. MarcoPapa

MarcoPapa Member

Home Page:
    Just configured the Model 3 from my wife yesterday. 4 weeks to delivery (before Xmas!!!), so we'll surely get the $7,500 federal credit. FYI, I own a 2015 Model S, live in Los Angeles, and was #8 in line at the Santa Monica Tesla Gallery when I reserved it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Midnight Silver with Sports wheels perhaps? ;)

18. JordanWilliamson

Do you have a date on yours? Or have they moved the date to somewhere else? You log in, and press manage on your reservation and it use to be right there right?

Mines going on a month without a date or more.

19. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Jordan, hi. After you’ve clicked on ‘Manage’ click on the link next to Delivery Estimator and you should see Late 2018... what all of us outside the US have... :)

20. MarcoPapa

MarcoPapa Member

Home Page:
    Correct :)

• Winner Winner x 1