When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
    Key questions: when did you reserve and are you a current T≡SLA owner??

2. meraquepaso

meraquepaso New Member

Hello!
    I reserved last year on March 29. This would be my first Tesla and first EV.

3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Thank you & congrats! Seems like your very early pre-release 1 reservation drives your very early delivery despite your Florida location! Good for you!! :)
    Can't wait to see the pics!!

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Welcome. Thats awesome. So they are officially delivering to non employees now?

5. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

I thought they were delivering west to east? I was also one of the people in line before the reveal and im in CA

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

You're asking a good question I forgot to ask, Johnny... Thought of asking whether @meraquepaso was an employee out in Florida. Let's wait to hear what he responds.
    Depending on what meraquepaso says, that would seem to be the case. A bit surprising I know. Since he mentioned a 3/29 reservation, that's the only thing that might explain that, though it's a bit of a long shot. It probably would make more sense if he were a T≡SLA employee.
    Anyways, pics will be welcome... ;)
    (When I reported this interesting tidbit on M3OC, somebody, in Florida I might add ;) - somewhat facetiously I think - labelled it as 'fake news'...)

7. Mike Land

Mike Land New Member

Made my reservation in Phoenix, at the Tesla store before the reveal. Right now the MyTesla page says Nov-Jan for first production. I've always been a car nut but I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only person so obsessed with Tesla that I check the news feeds a few times a day! Still waiting to find out what my "special something" will be. Lots of speculation out there and I'm hoping for free supercharging!! This is a great thread and it's very telling to see when someone reserved vs expected delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aquadoggie

aquadoggie New Member

Current Model S owner, reserved Sept 2016, expected delivery for first production is Oct-Dec.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hi, @meraquepaso , forgot to ask you, what's new on your upcoming September delivery? And, oh by the way, are a T≡SLA or Space X
    employee to be able to get your car so early in Florida?
    Let us know when you can. Thanks!

10. MichaelZ

MichaelZ New Member

Reserved my model 3 on Mar 31 waiting in line at the store in the morning. My current delivery estimate is Nov - Jan. Based on Florida Tesla / Space employee's delivery, this seems to be Tesla's delivery priority:

1. Tesla / SpaceX Employees: Delivery from west coast to east coast
    2. After #1 all finished, then Tesla S / Tesla X owners: Delivery from west coast to east coast
    3. After #2 all finished, then non-previous Tesla owner: Delivery from west coast to east coast

My previous understanding is that west coast delivery will come first in the order of employees, previous owners and non-owner in that order, then moving east in the same order to facilitate easy repair if needed. Any confirmation on what is the official delivery priority?

11. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

This is indeed the general thinking. I would add that is possible, if not likely, that there will be some overlap between the three geographical sequences...

12. Senthil

Senthil New Member

Reserved in store / pre release on Mar 31st. Delivery estimate first-production Nov-Jan.

13. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Are you a current tesla owner?

14. Senthil

Senthil New Member

No; not a current tesla owner.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. MichaelZ

MichaelZ New Member

#75 MichaelZ, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I am not a current Tesla owner neither, and I reserved in pre-release at the store too, and have the same delivery estimate as Senthil. I did not realize California and NC is so close in geography -:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Uisynot

Uisynot New Member

I stood in line before the announcement and am a current Tesla owner. Looks like Oct-Dec 2017 if I go with First Production, really want the AWD but don't want to miss out on tax credit... Decisions, Decisions... LoL.

model3date.jpg

17. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Tough call

18. aquadoggie

aquadoggie New Member

So with actual production falling FAR short of predictions in Q3, should we assume the "expected delivery" timelines to drastically shift?

19. Aiden Castro

Aiden Castro New Member

In my opinion, the answer would be no. We've been given a three month window for a reason. So it could theoretically fall anywhere within that window. We should also remember the keyword in all of this... "estimate".

20. meraquepaso

meraquepaso New Member

Hello Michael,
    Unfortunately I was caught in the slower than estimated ramp up and Im still waiting to hear back. I should have an update this coming week.

• Informative Informative x 2