When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Jan-march of 2018

• Like Like x 1
  2. rareohs

rareohs New Member

Dec '17 - Feb '18

In the PNW while I'd prefer AWD I don't want to wait what could easily be an extra 12 months.

Pretty set (I think) on Pearl White / 19" tires / Long range / Premium / Autopilot / White interior (if available)

Am I the only one who scours for Tesla news 6 times a day?!?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

What do you think?? :D

4. Michael Kaufman

Michael Kaufman New Member

Hehehe - I do understand Michael. Nope - I've reduced it to perhaps a couple or a few times per day more recently. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Samuel Johnston

Samuel Johnston New Member

Living in the sunny South, I have always opted for aftermarket window tinting. Many of you seem unaware that tinting is regulated and restricted by the states. Any national auto distribution is forced to comply with the most restrictive state rules.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gary T.

Gary T. New Member

October 2016?

Made my reservation July 29 2017 have same expectation...late 2018.

This tells me this will be adjusted once production kicks in full speed late 2017.

7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Correct, for reasons that could be (and actually are at times! ;) debated as infinitum, T≡SLA does not want to be upfront about the fact that, even today, the lead time for a new LHD reservation could be as long as two years... (the furthest estimated delivery time provided as of now is early 2019 for RHD countries).

We all wish them good luck with the ramp-up, yet, if adjusted, say 6 months from now, suggest you're not too disappointed if you see a 9 at the end of that delivery years...

By the way, please remember that 'full owed' production (i.e. 10k/week) is only expected 'some time during 2018' (I'm only hoping it will be by mid-year). Elon's only announced a target of half that rate by YE17...

8. ngtech

ngtech Member

hahah... you're definitely not the only one. It's an addiction. My wife can't wait for me to get the car, just so I can stop talking about it!

I like the white interior, but could never imagine actually buying a car with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Debby P

Debby P New Member

December 2017 - February 2018

Question - Do you know if they will update our delivery date if people opt out of the larger battery model and postpone their delivery? Seems like we'd move up the queue if people defer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Debby P

Debby P New Member

Interesting - I live in CA, reserved that evening and am Dec - Feb. This shows it's not necessarily CA first.

11. ngtech

ngtech Member

I'd guess the 3 month buffer takes this into account. Those of us in the nov/dec delivery estimate are right at the start of the main ramp up. Even if they manage to make 20,000 cars (I think that would be really high) before November, I would guess there are at least that many employees and current owners on the wait list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

I think you are correct. The 3 months window indicates a certain amount of variability which will disappear as T≡SLA progresses (hopefully fast! ;)) on the ramp-up curve. Even more so as the beginning of potential 220 miles Model 3 would overlap with the end of first production for the first in line.
    Interesting indeed, Debby; by the way, a hearty welcome the forum! :)
    Like your other question, to the some extent this could turn out a little different because of said variability.
    In any case, as early reservation holder living in California, you'll still get your car soonest. I sure hope you'll enjoy it tremendously and will report abundantly, particularly to those of us who are looking at 18+ months before the cute little nose of our Model 3 appears on our driveway! ;)

13. Rob L

Rob L New Member

I live in Portland too, ordered 2 on the first day, about 1030am before they got my order. I too wanted an AWD but but am hoping for later this year for a RWD version so I dont miss out on the federal tax credit before they run out. Be sure to check out the new Oregon $2500 credit, starts in October.

14. ngtech

ngtech Member

Hate to say it, but I think you'll be lucky to get an AWD before the end of 2018. Sounds like mid 2018 at the very earliest.

15. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Maybe, @ngtech , and that is why I read @Rob L stating he's considering an RWD to get his car much earlier, by the end of this year.
    Mid-2018 sounds about right for the AWD though... think that is when the first ones are likely to be available into 3Q18... A start in 4Q, though always probable, would be even later than most recent T≡SLA indications, no?

Have a nice San Diego rest of the day ! :)

16. ngtech

ngtech Member

oh oops, the sun here in SD is frying my brain. :p I didn't notice he said considering RWD to get it this year. :p You have a great time out there in Europe! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

LOL. And imagine what time it is in Western Europe... 9 hours ahead of ya!! :D
    Take care, Mike

18. ngtech

ngtech Member

Ah! At least it's not 3am. I'd start to wonder about your obsession. :p

19. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Right on... ;)
    Time to call it a night though... Tomorrow is another T≡SLA-loving day!! :cool::cool:

And one day less in my wait for my Midnight S≡R≡NITY... On 10/10/16 I joined the Model 3 Watch: 'And now my wait begins...'

• Like Like x 1
  20. meraquepaso

meraquepaso New Member

Hello all,

Im new here. Just got the call yesterday for delivery of my Model 3 by last week of September. Super happy about it. Ill post pics once it arrives.

• Like Like x 1