When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Thanks, super additional information. See how this could make sense... Though none of us knows for sure, we still surmise that the portion of metal would be so small that it may not be worth the manufacturing complexity to have metal and AGR to assemble... ;)
    Time will tell!

2. Eric Handley

Eric Handley Member

hair or they make these things called "hats"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deboyser

Deboyser New Member

Hi Michael, I made my reservation 02/04/16 and ( optimistic) hope to get the car arround june18 as I will choose RWD and 220 miles.
    Imported is that the trunk opening seems OK: I need place for two golf bags and carts.
    Also I will need a tow bar for my bicycles!

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Well done! However, from latest estimates & taking into account T≡SLA will want to enable a maximum number of US friends benefitting from the largest possible tax credit, we currently do not expect the first EU deliveries before late 3Q/beginning of 4Q18 at the earliest...

Just trying to manage your expectations... ;)

5. Eric Handley

Eric Handley Member

great work Freddy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    If I lived in a low-snow zone then I definitely wouldn't wait for AWD. I'd just do the large battery version and carry on. I have a RWD S I've been driving through blizzards and heavy snow here in New England and it's done ok with great tires. However, if I'm going to keep living in this area, I really want the AWD just for peace of mind.

When I bought my S there were no signs of AWD, AP, automatic charge ports, and so many other things the 3 has (will have).

7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Understand & concur. I was originally going to want to do the same yet it hardly snows anymore in Belgium, or in any case nothing like Ohio (where I met my wifey) or your New England...

But wait... I won't even be in Belgium by the time I get Midnight S≡R≡NITY !! :D

Great Twitter updates, by the way!! :cool:

8. Greg Mitchell

Greg Mitchell New Member

Does anyone have any insight as to where the current production numbers are? I put my deposit on March 1, 2016 and am currently slotted for Q1 2018 (Long Range and Premium were on my list anyway). I visited a local store on Friday of last week and the sales team was politely suggesting that buying a Model S with less options would be a better situation and that way I could take advantage of the full $7,500 credit. From the numbers I have seen, it looks like I should still be OK.

Thanks in advance.

9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome Greg... Model 3 to-date production is probably ~100-150 very much on the early portion of the phenomenal ramp up S curve...

Yet, what is more material is where T≡SLA stands with their cumulative sales to US customers relative the 200k threshold.
    Most probably (yet not certain) that threshold will be hit during 1Q18 at the earliest. @Ryan reported in RTL episod 104 an USA Today indication that T≡SLA could be 79k away from that number @ mid-year. If this turns out that way, you're looking at the full $7.5k tax credit being applicable during 2Q and 3Q18!! :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Greg Mitchell

Greg Mitchell New Member

Michael,

Thanks for the reply and i'm excited I found this forum. I've been a member of lots of car forums over the years for many different car companies. I should have specified but yes, I was referring to the total number of cars produced by Tesla. I had seen some numbers that indicated Q1 or Q2 would be the approximate end of the full tax credit based on projected deliveries. I guess it is also very dependent on what model trims, etc. the people ahead of me are interested in.

Our local store opens on the 25th so I'll be sure to post any interesting information I find over the weeks to come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aiden Castro

Aiden Castro New Member

Hello everyone. I made my reservation on March 31, 2016 in the morning at a Tesla store in Houston, TX (before the event) and this is my expected delivery date(s). Great forum btw!

[​IMG]

-AC

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome to another Houstonian! :)

13. ngtech

ngtech Member

I made my reservation on march 31, 2016 in the late afternoon/evening (a few hours before the announcement) here in Southern California. My estimated delivery date is Dec 2017-Feb 2018. My current lease ends in December, so I'm really hoping December works out!

14. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Well done, will keep my fingers crossed for you, though it won't be as easy to post using my iPhone all this time...! :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. ngtech

ngtech Member

Thanks! This is the craziest wait ever!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. David Waterworth

David Waterworth New Member

Hi - Just joined from Brisbane Queensland Australia. Love the T shirt - my other car is a reservation - where do I get one? My other car is a Wolseley 24/80 - so my model 3 will be quite a step up. David.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome!
    This t-shirt and many others can be found here...
    https://model3ownersclub.com/

Enjoy!

18. ngtech

ngtech Member

Nice! I really liked the hat, but it's 29 bucks! Now that I'm spending $60k on a car I can't afford stuff like that! :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

And imagine we Europeans with import duties...!! :D

20. ngtech

ngtech Member

hah. I can't even imagine! :( If the price got any higher, I'd honestly just give up on my Model 3 reservation. As it is, it feels outrageous to pay so much for a car. Before this, my most expensive car was $15K, so this is quite a step up.

• Like Like x 1