When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Vdub

Vdub New Member

Today was pickup day for me at the Fremont delivery center. I arrived at 1:45pm for a 2:15 pm appointment. It reminded me of Black Friday at a shopping mall, except people were there to take delivery of $50 to $100k cars. Parking lot was packed. Showroom was packed.

I was able to find my car but it took an hour before I could get someone to get my contract ready to sign. There were some minor imperfections. They took the car to the back to get fixed up. Went to lunch and came back in an hour.

The said the car was done but had to hunt for it. How hard could it be? There were less than a few hundred 3's on the lot.

An hour later, ready, to go.

My daughter wanted to ride home with me so I drove 500 feet across the parkling lot and transferred the child car seat from my wifes car. (Why does it take so long to get these installed?).

After being ready to get on the road, the Model 3 didn't want to leave just yet. Service Alert appeared on the steering.

They took it back to the shop and after another hour, it was delivered back to me. Something about a firmware upgraded to resolve the issue. I am really glad I didn't have to deal with this the next morning.

Not a 15 minute sign and drive. More like five hours and 15 minutes.

Every staff member I met was very friendly, trying to help and very professional.

They are overwhelmed trying to deliver a couple of hundred cars per day.

I guess it's a good problem to have.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Congrats and welcome, @Vdub ! Did you get an LRB, AWD or Performance? Care to share a pic? ;)

3. jeremyeharris

jeremyeharris New Member

Reserved early 2017 and I'm guessing I might get delivery late 2019 or early 2020. Waiting for RHD in New Zealand and I'm guessing we're pretty much at the bottom of Tesla's 'to do' list.

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome, and keep the faith. :)

As you probably know, just about everybody who got their car in NA is ecstatic about it... I bought a CPO S85 6 months ago yet still can’t resolve myself to cancel the reservation I made in 10/16. Somebody will be happy with this car... even if I share that with someone else... ;)