When do you expect your Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Michael Russo, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Wow. A year’s wait and you’re hoping for a config mail in less than 6 months... that feels optimistic... o_O

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. gohabsgo

gohabsgo New Member

I'm similarly planning on buying the LR Battery + Premium + AWD as soon as it becomes available (should be sometime in the next week). Hopefully the upcoming election doesn't throw a wrench in the subsidy...

3. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

Best of luck...for all of us in Ontario regarding the subsidy.

One thing to note is that the subsidy is applicable to electric cars under $75,000. I assume this is pre-tax price. For AWD, PUP and LR battery, you should be fine (probably around $71,000). But if you change the colour, add sports wheels and add Autopilot, you may not be eligible so something to be mindful of.

Of what I've been told, the cars that are being ordered with Aerowheels are being prioritized over the non-aerowheel versions. This came from my electrician who used to work for Tesla and seemed pretty knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the company.

An update for me: I just got my VIN yesterday. Then checked my account and the VIN disappeared =(. I don't think this is uncommon but it's a bit of a let down.

Hoping to get this before June but guess we'll see. Of what I've been reading, the time between order, to receiving a VIN to delivery is kind of all over the place.

4. MZ76

MZ76 New Member

That's what I initially thought but Tesla website says I should expect delivery between August and October, if I want Long Range battery. So, based on that, figured e-mail should come around that time. But I'm really waiting for standard battery with AWD. Unfortunately, that won't happen until 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#245 Mergoscia, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    When I buy a Tesla M3; it'll be an AWD Dual motor, Autopilot, FSD. plus Glass roof. Hepa filtering with American Defence mode is a preference, as well as a better sound system. Tow hook is a must! When the performance option is split in with or without Ludicrous I maybe buy the performance-package without Ludicrous. No need for fancy wheels as long as the car has good handling and excellent braking with the Aerowheels.
    As a Tesla shop in The Netherlands assumes (without guarantees) I expect the above opt car somewhere in the end of this year.

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

At this point the Hepa air filter is hypothetical and I have not heard of the tow hook option yet... You?

7. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga New Member

Likely not until next year....I am a recent reservation holder, so my target was next summer anyway, but anything before the end of the year would be nice (and when they changed the time on the order page to 4-6 months only got me excited), but realistically I don't expect it until first quarter 2019 at best.

8. NYCPSP

NYCPSP New Member

Just joined this forum - great info. Anyone have any idea if I ordered the 3 (first production) in showroom in CA. on April 19, 2016 when should I hear something about the "invite to build".

9. Halcyon

Halcyon New Member

Depends where you're located I would think.

I'm from Ontario, Canada. Reserved July 2017 (so far later compared to those who lined up). But I'll be picking up my Model 3 PUP+long range next week. Where I know there are others who reserved far earlier but are not getting the invite to build due to where they're located.

10. JRH

JRH New Member

Ordered online 3 days after online ordering was opened. So I know I'm a little farther down the line, but I have also noticed that for users that signed up for the low cost version (2nd production timeframe) statistics show that many of them may be switching to the first release. If that happens, do they subsequently get inserted before me if they ordered before me but selected the second wave of production?

Second question, can someone share what to expect on the configuration email? i.e. I haven't seen anything from Tesla in email -- so I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

11. madebydouglas

madebydouglas New Member

Hey everybody, hope you don't mind I'm posting on this thread. I am a designer (and Model S owner) working on a project to optimize your delivery experience for Model 3, curious your expectations when you receive the car. I'd super appreciate it if you could fill out this quick survey https://madebydouglas.typeform.com/to/Mgfdm1 Feel free to DM me for further details. Hope you all receive your cars soon!

12. Soham

Soham New Member

Tesla is taking too much time delivering Tesla Model 3, deliveries is faster in countries like USA and UK but for India, its taking too much time so it is better to look for Tesla Model 3 Alternatives.

13. Tiger

Tiger New Member

You think Tesla is slow in India, just wait until the other EVs begin delivering in India after couple of decades.

14. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

T≡SLA is a California-based US company and has been focusing on its large home market first. We can be confident that deliveries of LHD cars into Europe will start early next year. The UK and other RHD countries (like yours) will come at the tail end of that...
    None of the alternatives listed in the article are really alternative. Either they offer a very low range & basically spin off of ICE cars (Golf, B250e), are ugly as sin (Bolt, Mirai and, to a lesser extent, the new Lead) or aren’t even true BEVs like the Volt... Not to mention the ID which is not expected before 2020...

Better to be patient, I’m afraid... ;)

15. JordanWilliamson

I'm less confident in my delivery time. My assumption is Tesla is more concerns with milking any market for LRB, Performance, etc. than it is fulfilling a two year wait list. I assume all reservation holders who wanted a LRB or Performance model have ordered and they are left with hundreds of thousands wanting SRB. I've been waiting in a line measured in years now for my $35USD/$46kCAD Model 3, but now if you want the LRB Model 3 you can come in off the street and get immediate delivery. I believe we'll see RHD Model 3s being produced with LRB before we see SRB for North America.

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

This may be pushing it. I don’t expect any RHD producer before 2H19 at least while SRB should really start rolling out, benefiting NA first, as of 1H19...

Keep the faith! ;)

17. CrummyNYer

CrummyNYer New Member

#257 CrummyNYer, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
    I put my order in 2016 not sure when and I was invited to choose rwd or awd (before they were released) so you have to log in to account at tesla motors and see. In 2017 I selected AWD and waited until July 2018 when I was invited to design mine. I take delivery tomorrow 9/13/18. Even got my referral code already.

18. JordanWilliamson

Trying to have faith but my car has over 250k km on it and if it needs a major repair in the next 8 months a model 3 might not work for me anymore, unfortunate after putting off buying a new car for so long while waiting for the model 3.

19. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

20. Wooloomooloo

Wooloomooloo New Member

I got my delivery date recently, for a Performance Model 3 w/PUP, which is Oct 6th. Everything seems to be going well so far, with the exception of a trade in valuation which now are apparently only given 48 hours prior to delivery.

• Like Like x 1