When do you expect to get your Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by clprenz, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:34 PM.

1. clprenz

clprenz New Member

Just thought I throw this out there! With production "slated" to start in July, when do you expect to get your Model 3?

Personally, we are shooting for Q1 2018. We were an online order (the second it opened), and don't have a Tesla currently.

2. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    Just before the tax refund for the S drops from the top traunch... We have 2 on order, and I plan on delaying at least the second one... The 3 will take the place of my wife's Roadster for "daily driver" and I intend to keep driving the S until I am forced to, or just before the tax rebate drops on the second 3...

3. BenitoFR06

BenitoFR06 New Member

In Europe I expect to have the Model 3 by the end of 2018.

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo New Member

Bonjour et bienvenue (imagine your avatar suggests you live in the Alpes Maritimes? ;))
    When did you reserve? As for me, with a 10/10/16 reservation date, I will be ecstatic if my delivery is before end 1Q19... :)

5. gene

gene Moderator

I was one of the folks who lined up bright and early the day of Model 3 mania so I hope to be one of the first to receive delivery this year! Then again, that largely depends on whether priority will be based on RWD models or fully optioned ones.

@Michael Russo what do you think they will deliver first? A recent poll showed 50% think that dual motor and fully loaded Model 3s will see first deliveries (but with no reasons given), hence interested in hearing your thoughts.

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo New Member

@gene , am honored by the opportunity you're giving me to comment. Honesty forces me to start by stating I had no inside information so this just my 5 ct worth input... ;)
    We know from T≡SLA they will initially prioritize West Coast deliveries... I don't expect these orders to be exclusively fully loaded, large batteries AWD versions nor bare to the bone T≡SLA either... Hence, IHMO I would place my bet on the 3rd choice of the poll above, with West Coast early reservations being produced first, yet with a bias to the more equipped vehicles...
    In any case, any Model ≡ is going to be a joy to its owner and a keeper to nurture & treasure for many years ahead!! :)

7. gene

gene Moderator

California,
    That would be the most "fair" if they could do that but they have a lot of work cut out for them in the next few months on the production line, if that's the case. Being able to alternate between random configurations while still being efficient will
    be a huge victory for the factory!

8. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    I'm expecting mine around November this year. I reserved on 3/31, fairly early in the line. I'm on the East Coast so that's a negative for early car. But I do own a Tesla now and will get a higher end 3 (whether that helps or not). If its later no big deal, I'm enjoying S, but I sure would love AP.

9. BenitoFR06

BenitoFR06 New Member

Yes Alpes-Maritimes. My case is particular as we have pre-ordered 10 Model 3 as company cars. It took months for Tesla to accept this pre-order as this was not scheduled at all in their business strategy. No idea when this was finally validated @Tesla.

Michael Russo likes this.
  10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo New Member

Interesting! Keep us posted when you do find out... Trust that you, Iike me, are hoping for the continuation of the favorable French incentives program for EVs by the new authorities after the 2Q elections... ;)