What will the 3 cost you?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Teslaliving, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

2. ngtech

ngtech Member

I get a call from Tesla at least once a week to see if I want to come in for a Model S test drive. Haven't had a chance yet to take him up on that, but I plan to soon! Anyway, he asked if I had any questions. I asked him if the $5K and $3K for the autopilot and autonomous driving would back taxed and if so, would they be taxed on the upgrade later? He had no idea, but said he would look into it. :p

If it's taxed, then that adds an extra $620 on the cost of the car if I was to get both! That's definitely a good chunk of money.

3. Aiden Castro

Aiden Castro New Member

Not sure if it was posted here before or not, but just got back from the Tesla store and the employee showed me his reservation. It showed being delivered between September to November. We are based out of Houston. However, the interesting part that I hadn't seen before was the APR that it showed. It was at 2.74% vs 0.99% for a Model S or X. I asked about it and he verified that's what Tesla will be offering for the Model 3 once it's live for everyone. At least it's not a huge hike and you can still get a loan elsewhere if you prefer. Last thing I hadn't noticed is that the header lining is white. Never really paid attention to that. The black interior with white just looked silly to me. But I'm sure I'll grow into it if I end up keeping my reservation vs getting a new Model S.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Aiden Castro

Aiden Castro New Member

I should also mention that the delivery fee was $1,000 vs $1,200 that I see on the latest post in the front page.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ngtech

ngtech Member

Great info! I'm disappointed with the interest rate but I'm not at all surprised. Still hope it'll be under 2%.

6. aquadoggie

aquadoggie New Member

Interesting data from Ben at Teslanomics. Seems like people are really trying to keep the price on the lower end with the aero wheels, black color, lower range, and no auto pilot. Yet upgrading to the premium package. $900/month is a bit steeper than I would like, but ultimately I'm hoping it's worth it.

7. joeski1

joeski1 Member

Home Page:
    To think you can get a real tesla for just a few hundred a month more.. why bother with this toy when the ms blows it away in every detail?
    No wonder tesla is backing off of the lower priced ms vehicles...
    Anyone who thinks it out would be better served by the model s 75D.
    I have 22,500 miles on my ms 90d.. wouldn't even think of buying a m3..
    Why?

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

The Model 3 will be as much of a ‘real’ T≡SLA than Model S, just quite a bit more affordable for a larger number of people, who would otherwise not be able (or want to !) spend that kind of money on a car, Joe...
    ‘A few hundred’ a month more, for many people that will make a difference...

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Model S, yet T≡SLA was never going to sell 500k a year of it... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. joeski1

joeski1 Member

Home Page:
    #109 joeski1, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    And they will never sell 500,000 M3 @ $950.00 a month average either.. don't kid yourself.. the M3 is not cut from the same ilk as the MS... if you're gonna bury yourself in a $1000.00 a month payment go for the gold standard.. not bronze..
    I myself would have preferred the P90D, but the car insurance was astronomical. .
    Now I wish I could've bought the 2.5 sec 0-60... 4.1 seconds isn't quite fast enough..
    Crunch the #'s... the MS 75D IS the way to go over the m3.. don't say you weren't waved off.. good intentions are fraught with pitfalls..
    Or.. you can simply get used to seeing this angle of 95% of ms you get passed by in your M3 while out and about.. best!

Attached Files:

10. GrandPoobah

GrandPoobah Member

IF you are fortunate enough not to care about "a few hundred" bucks a month more, AND going faster than almost any car on the road is REALLY important to you, then by all means, buy a new S. But if you are at all budget conscience and 0-60 in 5.1-5.6 seconds (still better than most "performance" cars) is plenty fast for you, then you have TWO choices: a NEW 3 or a USED S.

A new S is twice as expensive as a new 3, but used S's can be had for $45-60K. I'll probably struggle with this decision until either my 200K mile Prius dies (forced to get used S), or I get to test drive a 3 and I get my configuration email.

• Agree Agree x 2