Viva la rEVolucion!

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Michael Russo, May 6, 2017.

1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Methinks this is one of the EV start-ups to be mostly reckoned with...

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

5. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

If you’ve got $4.4M, and like super speed, you may like the Owl... or you may want to one new T≡SLA Roadster in almost 18 different colors (assuming they ever make that many... ;)):

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

For impatient Europeans...?
    Here is an initial peak at the Hyundai Kona, making its official debut at the upcoming Geneva Auto Show...

Key takeaways:
    - As expected, two battery options (64 kWh with 470 kms/293 miles range; 39 kWh with 300 kms/190 miles).
    - As expected, two battery options (64 kWh with 470 kms/293 miles range; 39 kWh with 300 kms/190 miles)
    Kona seems to have lots of built-in electronics & driver assistance features
    - As I said, exterior dimensions & trunk extremely limited (418 cm/17 feet long... 332 l/11.7 cu. ft trunk!) hence IHMO more of an effective city driver than a family
    - 0-60 mph in 7.6 seconds; swift yet no Model 3 acceleration... top speed 167 kms/slightly over 100 mph, not a drag racer yet surely not designed for that... ;)
    - Charging speed 54 min. up to 80% at 100 kW...
    - prices? Stay tuned.

I’ll go check it out when at the nearby dealer. Based on above specs, unlikely it will sway me away from Midnight S≡R≡NITY... yet kudo to Hyundai for trying!

https://www.netcarshow.com/hyundai/2018-kona_electric/

7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

I made an effort to go beyond the clickbaiting title... and ended up as expected, feeling clickbaited... ;)

The Audi e-Tron could be intriguing, yet I tend to look at anything from the VAG group now with skeptical eyes. Plus it won’t be cheap...
    The Jag, as we’ve seen, has some appeal, yet it’s price means it will definitely not be for the masses....
    Was holding my breath for the Kona until I found out about its dimensional (exterior & trunk)...

Yep, for sure Model 3 can’t come too soon... :rolleyes:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/4/17071640/geneva-motor-show-2018-vw-audi-mercedes-ev-tesla

9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Exactly how I feared from external dimension specs released earlier... the car is minuscule, almost not a fit for 2 adults in the back seat and a very small trunk with no trunk to speak of... :rolleyes:
    What is counterintuitive is the larger battery gives you a range for long distance in a car the size of a city car... no regrets... ;)

10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Nissan plans to have to two ‘Leaves’, adding an SUV with 225 miles of range on EPA cycle: