TPMS Service

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sharpgtr, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sharpgtr

sharpgtr New Member

Maybe this is handled elsewhere but my searches came up empty:
    I am replacing a wheel on my 2012 Signature P85 with OEM 21” wheels. The installer I was going to use says he cannot find a service kit for the TPMS and Tesla told him they do not sell service kits. Supposedly they recommended to replace the sensor with a brand new unit. The TPMS sensors don’t appear to be unique or in any way special, so this seems absurd. Anyone else have a similar experience or better yet a less expensive solution?
    Thanks in advance

2. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    When I got my second set of wheels I got new TPMS for those wheels from Tire Rack. The important point here is to make sure you get TPMS that are compatible with the Model S. You can buy them from Tesla for about $500 for a set or you can buy them online at places like TireRack. I got a set of 4 from TireRack for $388. I have an older Model S, I dont know if the newer ones are available from tire rack.

Attached Files:

3. sharpgtr

sharpgtr New Member

Newer ones are available from Tirerack, I have a set on my 2017. What I’m looking for is a service kit for the early sensors on my 2012. The later cars with Gen2 sensors “learn” in minutes no fuss no muss. However earlier cars must be set by a service center when units replaced.