The Model 3 price in Europe

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Ivo Mirchev, May 21, 2018.

1. Ivo Mirchev

Ivo Mirchev New Member

Does anybody know what will be the end price ot Tesla Model 3 in Europe? In USA is $ 35 000 and the reservation is $1000. But the reservation for Europe is € 1000. So, it is very strange. Is it possible to have € 35 000 start price in Europe, or the minimal end user price will be $35 000 like USA?

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hello Ivo and welcome to the forum!!
    No, we don’t know.
    On the reservation being one thousand either way, this is very similar than what Apple does on their iPhone. Never forget also that US prices are before local sales tax which adds at least 7-9% to the final price.

Best thing you can do for now is estimate based on comparing Model S prices in US and in Bulgaria then apply same ratio.

I think we’re 6-9 months from knowing more accurate prices...

Keep it up!!
    Mike

3. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#3 Mergoscia, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Yesterday I wrote that in Europe the price for a full optioned M3 (as I want) could be > Euro 66.000. That assumption is purely based on American pricing and the currency exchange of today. Normally for these type of products the same numbers are applied but the currency symbol is changed only. Based on that policy the price in Europe will be Euro 78.000 without Autopilot, self driving, Drive-ready etc. Including all these things the price will be Euro 78.000 + 13.000 + 1.500 = Euro 92.500. Add for the Dutch market 21% Taxes and the total price of the M3 will be Euro 111.925,= .
    Absolutely insane, rare ridiculous/ even ludicrous. What are they thinking at Tesla.
    Elon Musk is BANKWUPT...........................................Tesla wants to go bankrupt!!!!

Is this the result of his new couch?????? Thank you Ben Sullins.

4. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Euro 111.925,= And I still did not mention pricing for Color and wheels. So???? total price = Euro 114.425.......ha,ha,ha.

5. JordanWilliamson

One thing to help you determine is the Canadian pricing.

It's is also an exact conversion of USD to CAD. There doesn't seem to be any additional mark up outside of if something ended up being $X43.39 it would be rounded to the whole hundred.

So I would venture to say that the
    Base $35,000 USD = 30,000 EURO
    Delivery $1,000 USD = 1,000 EURO
    LRB $9,000 USD = 7,500 EURO
    Paint $1,000 USD = 900 EURO
    19" $1,500 USD = 1,250 EURO
    Premium $5,000 USD = $4,250 EURO
    Autopilot $5,000 USD = $4,250 EURO

So a base model should be 31,000 plus taxes and fees

6. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#6 Mergoscia, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Thank you, JordanWilliams.
    In your conversion what would be the price in CAD and in Euro's for Full Self Driving features, AWD and performance? (as those are the main things). I know that FSD = US $ 8000, Performance=US $ 29.000, AWD =US $ 5000. I'll try to convert it myself as well.

7. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

My conversion =US $ 8000 equels Euro 6800, $ 29.000 = Euro 24.600, For AWD $5000 = Euro 4250,=. That will make the price Euro 84.800 excluding fees, importtaxes and 21 % value added taxes (Dutch taxes on top of the total price of the product). So say conservatively the price will be Euro 86.000 plus 21% tax = Euro 104.000. Without performance it'll be Euro 62000 plus 21% = Euro 75.000 . Without 19 inch wheels it'll be Euro 73.500. Without color it'll be Euro 72.500.

Even in the last situation I think the car is overpriced by around Euro 8.000 to 10.000. I am not willing to spend Euro 64.000 for a car without those options.

But I doubt the price will be set by this calculation method. So therefore it'll be higher, I think.

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

@Mergoscia , welcome back.

I see one potential flaw in your reasoning. As I wrote above, we need to be careful by merely changing the $ symbol by the € to determine the € price before VAT.
    That would indeed be crazy.

The best way to estimate is to apply the ratio applicable to the S. Consider the value pricing not cost plus... and how much the Next Best Alternative costs!

For the Performance Model 3, the benchmark is the BMW M3. There is no way I see a European price for T≡SLA high end Model 3 much above €85-90k. Expensive yes but value for money.

As for the iPace, good luck with charging. It looks nice and has practical aspect yet I don’t them using the T≡SLA SCs anytime soon...

Now that I practice them, I love T≡SLA even more... :D
    https://forums.teslarati.com/threads/introducing-red-dragon.6132/

9. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#9 Mergoscia, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Hello Michael, In this particular post I did not use the method of simply changing the currency symbol. Here I took the way Tesla sells the cars in Canada.That is more of a reference then the other policy often used by carmakers and other sellers. But you are right about charging an i-Pace. That is my main concern too.
    Besides this point......But what do you think? What is better? A model 3 or an i-Pace for the price of Euro 92.000.
    I am not willing to buy a new MS. I only do when you can leave your car without charging for a week and then still can drive to a charging point. I am not willing as well as the range possibility is less then 800 km. I think you will know by now that range declines rapidly when you drive in The Pyrenees. And that a possible range of 500km in reality means 200 to 220 km. I was in Spain 2 weeks ago. Instead of a range of 1 liter to 24 km, I suddenly had a range of 1 to 10 km. So the batteries in the MS have got to change to at least 2170 and the pack has to become at least kWa 140.
    I want to have total freedom in driving around Europe. Driving from Supercharger to wall connector or something else is not. You still have to think and plan your driving. Petrol stations are in every village and within 10 minutes your on your way again.

But like you...I love Tesla as well, but I want to force Tesla/ Elon Musk to do a even better job, so that
    ICE cars will be killed even sooner and the electricity is provided only by Solar, Wind or other clean renawables. Even for big electricty users like intensive factories.
    Life's ok in Pau?

10. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Michael "For the Performance Model 3, the benchmark is the BMW M3. There is no way I see a European price for T≡SLA high end Model 3 much above €85-90k. Expensive yes but value for money".
    I don't agree. Above Euro 74.000 including taxes and all fees already gets too much. You as well would like to have a fully optioned one as well, hey? It is a small car; at least that is what Tesla says and what most people think..... Is Michael going to pay 85 to 90.000 for a small car?

11. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Life is great in Pau, thank you.

As for the comparison between the iPace, have you seen this installment of Bjørn’s first impression?

All nice stuff yet... Confirms big unknown on charging! I would not get a car unless I’m sure it can charge at 100+ kW within a reasonable amount of time.

In any case it’s too expensive. I would not spend €80+k on any car, whether the Performance Model 3 or the iPace...!
    That’s why my €55k Red Dragon at 26k kms was an offer I can’t refuse as I don’t see myself spend more on a car anyways... ;)

12. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Yes I did see Björn's impressions.
    I got more:
    This morning I was in a Tesla shop in The Netherlands, Europe. There the assumption for the model 3 is that Dutch consumer prices (including VAT or BTW as called in Holland) will be around the same as American prices. Base model most surely around the Euro 40.000 mark including BTW.

Something else..................Almost everyday they get emails stating that production is ramping up rapidly. From that the other assumption is that deliveries in The Netherlands will start last this year. More precise. At the end of the year. Even for my reservation done in November 2016.

But as the employee said on both points: It is not sure and it could be off. (very good of him to be careful)

As they are always very careful (as they should be), I think both points are possible projections.

I as well was at a Jaguar dealer. i-Pace will be delivered at the end of the year, "but if you want one this year you have to hurry. The production batch is almost full": was the talk. Base model around Euro 80.000 including BTW. And one can testdrive from July.
    And of course, according the employee, no problems at all regarding Charging. You can charge everywhere you want. But he didn't mention the charging speed rate.
    In one of the coming years when I have either the M3, the i-Pace or another EV I will pass by in Pau.... not for charging, but for some small talk over a cup of Coffee.

13. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Very interesting info. If I were you, I’d get a very nicely equipped Model 3 LRB in the color of your choice and enjoy life! :)
    I think EU deliveries will start as of early 2019.

The Jag folks can say whatever they want. By the end of the year, they will be nowhere near T≡SLA in terms of charging infrastructure at high compared to the ever growing 115 kW SC network!! Did you see the latest map with projected additions in 2018/19?

Let me know when you’re near! :)

14. 18650

18650 New Member

It is unlikely to be available in Germany for less than 40,000 euros. Maybe by a detour to Sweden.

15. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Michael, Will you realistically be able to drive from Pau through the Pyrenees to Huesca Spain on one charge with the Tesla M3?

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

About 200 kms through the mountains with an LRB that should have close to 400 kms of practical range? I don’t see why not, Pietro... ;)

Unless you floor that non-Ludicrous P, with red calipers, the whole time, that is... :D

17. kistitube

kistitube New Member

I live in Hungary and you can't buy any Tesla here but the closest Tesla dealership is in Austria
    In The US you can get your Tesla Model S from 77000$(66000€) to 156000$(134000€)+taxes and transportation fees
    In Austria The Model S starts at 88000€(102000$) and with every extra and most expensive colour its 157000€(182000$) so we can say that the model S was 32%-17% more expensive in Austria that means 35000$(30000€)+32% is 46000$(40000€) and the high end model should which is 81000$ in the us should cost around 95000$(82000€) of course these are not punctual values but seems logical to convert prices on same ratio for model S and model 3 i hope i am right and from 2019 40-80K € Teslas will be driven in europe