The Electrified Journey

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Groovidad, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#1 Groovidad, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    I began my quest in November of 2017. Weary of gas pumps and the specter of oil changes for what seems like an eternity, I removed $1000 from the secret pocket sewn into the bottom of my modest iComfort mattress, constantly looking over my shoulder for those that would seek to quell my endeavor.

I sat staring at my iPad, studying the Tesla site like a hungover college kid attempting to study first year physics. My finger hung like a Damocles over the reservation button, all the time wondering if I would wake the next day, had I drank too much 18 yr. Scotch and made an intoxicated purchase(?). My vision blurred and I blinked, attempting to clear the film that now obstructed my targeting system. My finger fell, but I missed and tapped again and again, each time with more force. Suddenly, the screen went white. HUH!? Then came the congratulatory message. DAMN YOU STEVE JOBS!!! I need a new iPad!

The next day came and I went to work thinking, I just bought into the future. I had to convince myself that this wasn't a 57 year old guy (a very handsome one, at that) trying to deal with a late mid-life pang that drives those to hair plugs and and fast cars. Meh! I shrugged it off and made my way to the bathroom to trim some nose and ear hair that I neglected at my home.

I paused for a moment remembering Teslas haphazard mention of "when" I could expect my endeavor: Fall 2019. I stood frozen, micro scissors shoved into my nose, the sting of hair, still attached, caught in the dull blades. My eyes watered and I winced thinking, "Fall 2019?" What have I done!? My mind raced, had I promised myself more than Elon had promised?
    Hmmm, I need coffee!...........................

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.........

• Like Like x 2
  2. agdejager

agdejager Member

Keep believing and good faith. You did the right thing imho.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthew McClosky

Matthew McClosky New Member

Groovy Dad - Me Too BTW - In short I place my order March 31, 2016 for a 35k Model 3. I told a few close friends. I thought about it from time to time... I scanned my tesla profile now and then looking at various configurations... One night I decided to switch to the long range version. 1 week later an email appeared asking me to configure. What a surprise to learn that I went from 35k to 55k. Needless to say I did not look back. My car was delivered May 3rd this year.
    It is as much as a car as the phone you carry is a phone. The Model 3 is a pleasure and long overdue.
    Enjoy the journey. The journey is like a treasure hunt. When you get your car it will be a new wonderful journey.
    Be patient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#4 Groovidad, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    December came and went. The holiday hustle and bustle took my mind away from the previous months decision. January 2018 found me pouring over any article, any YouTube video, anything related to the Model 3. I looked at specs, compared it's 0-60 times to gasoline powered speedsters, fit and finishes, paint options, ad nauseum . Soon, I had read or viewed everything I could find. By the end of the month I had exhausted my searches leaving me empty and wanting for more. Sadly, I could only resort to stock surges or drops, Elon and his personality laced tweets, production rates, executives bailing out, yadda, yadda, yadda. I needed a fix! I began to twitch from time to time as my continued searches yielded the same material I had read or viewed over and over again.

My mind wandered back to the time I would watch "Apocalypse Now" over and over again, memorizing key lines in the movie. It seemed I had become obsessed. I thought to myself, "I need a drink". As I moved toward the half empty (or was it half full?) bottle of Scotch, I realized this would only fuel my desire, my need to know and see EVERYTHING Model 3! I stared longingly at the bottle for a moment and walked on by. Instead, I settled for a glass of blended beansprouts, kale and a banana. MMMMMM! Wait! What's happening to me?! Things are starting to get weird. "Get hold of yourself!", I barked out loud. Ok, ok....it's all going to work out. Patience will win out, I told myself. DAMN! I hate that little voice of reason! I sighed heavily and walked toward my bedroom. For now, I could only fashion the sheets, blanket and pillows of our bed into a replica of the Model 3. As I squinted rather hard, I felt the pleather of the drivers seat envelop my bottom and thighs, the pillo...er...steering wheel felt firm and comfortable in my hands. That new car smell (or was it the Bed Bath and Beyond plug-in my wife installed?) wafted around me. I pulled the right stalk down and soon I whisked past the dresser and out the door, silently, with barely a sound from the electric motor, down the hallway. I tapped the iPa...er, 15" touch screen, changing to "Chill Mode" (I didn't want to tear up the carpet) and effortlessly accelerated towards the living room and around the coffee table. Suddenly, I was awakened from my self-imposed ecstasy by a voice. "What are you doing?" My wife stood next to my electrified fantasy with a look of wonderment. My mind raced quickly, as quick as the 0-60 time of a Model 3 Performance. "I'm...I'm just rearranging the bed, trying to find a more comfortable way to...for us to sleep at night." Her head bobbed up and down as she gazed at me through glassy eyes. Did she buy it? NOPE! "Ok, I'll fix it", I stammered as she exited the room.

My soul wanted. February creeped by like a snail on valium. March came and I continually exhausted my miniscule supply of Model 3 information. Again, I was memorizing videos and articles. Up to this point, no one knew that I had reserved a spot on the list of 450K(+/-) spot holders, save my wife who doesn't share my zeal and passion on obtaining my electric dream. I had to find something to distract from this journey, if only for a few months. HA! Right!.....................................

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.......

• Like Like x 2
  5. agdejager

agdejager Member

Keep faith.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

During March and April, I waxed my Lexus 18 times, drank 32 bottles of various Scotch (with friends, of course...*HIC*), cut my toenails 4 times, shaved my head 9 times, pulled weeds from our shrub bed (there were a LOT!), helped my wife fold my underwear, plucked ear hair (don't you just hate those pesky varmints?), went to work, went home, cut the grass........YAWN! STILL, to no avail, I could not distract myself enough to forget about the "when".

Then....June came! As I sat at my desk at work, doodling on a pad of Post It notes, (It's what I do when the boss isn't looking) I noticed an email alert on my desktop. Upon opening mail, I see this: "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order". WHAT!? When I placed my reservation the site said delivery "Fall 2019". How can this be?! Was this some sick and twisted spam mail joke?! Was I dreaming...*pinch*..OUCH! No, I'm awake. Hmmm, fearing a sneaky email attack by some bored, pimple faced boy in his parents cellar, munching on Cheetos and drinking can after can of grape flavored energy drinks, I hesitated. Nah, no harm in just opening the email just don't click on anything else. But, what...."if"? Heck with it! I hovered the cursor over the message as my right index finger quivered over the mouse button. I felt like mission control at NASA preparing to launch the next space mission....3..2..1...*click*.

The screen flickered white for just a moment, then I realized, THIS IS REAL! WOOT WOOT! (I heard my daughter say this one day, sounded cool) I quickly accessed the site and marveled at the ease of configuring my future realization. Back and fourth I went. Red...no, silver...No, gray......no....ARRRGH! Why did Tesla have to have so many groovy colors to choose!? Single Motor, Dual-Motor, 18" rims or not? I went through what would have taken a normal person maybe 5-10 mins. to do for more than 40 mins.! Finally, I had it where I wanted it (or thought I did) and then saw: "Delivery within 2 weeks". WHAT!? This can't be right, can it(?) Then, as I basked in the glory and ecstasy of the moment, my brain slammed stop on every thought process. I was seeing the dreaded "blue screen" in my mind and suddenly, the harsh reality of my situation came into crystalline focus: I had a year left on my Lexus lease! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo! The first time I have EVER leased a vehicle in my life, this happens!! All functions ceased! I pulled the brake handle and screeched to a dead stop! My mind raced, after performing a hard re-boot of my brain still stuck in blue screen mode. I stared at the monitor and felt defeated, robbed....castrated (Ouch! Not that dejected!). I realized, at that moment, I had some phone calls to make. I stared at my creation on the screen and whispered ever so softly, " You will be mine! Oh, yes, you will be mine!" (Thanks Wayne!)...............

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.............

7. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#7 Groovidad, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Supervisors can be demanding! As I sat contemplating my next move, my boss calls me from her adjacent office. My train of thought derailed, I stood and moved towards her lair. She began by asking me to reach out to so and so and obtain some metrics to be used in a briefing. "You got it, Chief!", I gleefully responded. Back at my desk, I muttered under my breath, "Geez! Work!? Does she think I have time for that!? Doesn't she understand I am at a crucial part in my existence and that the fate of my electric journey is being thwarted by a pesky lease that I now have to contend with!?" I sat and rolled my eyes. I sighed deeply and picked up the phone to obtain her wishes. (HER wishes! What about MY wishes!?) The nerve of some supervisors!

Five minutes later I had completed the draconian request by my overbearing supervisor and got back to more important matters at hand....
    Dang it! I had a meeting to attend! When will this squandering of my precious time by the machinations of my employment cease!? Alas, I suppose I should do....something, even if it didn't involve my pressing dilemma.

The 3 o'clock whistle blew! YABBA DABBA DOOOO! Away from my desk, I swiftly moved. Down to the elevator I strode, my mind working on my next move with the leasing entity. I jumped into what had suddenly turned into the Bain of my existence. (Honestly, it is a good car...gas powered, albeit) I drove home, numbers running through my head. I had a year left before I could be free but, waiting that year to avoid any penalties would be excruciating! This can't be happening yet, it was. REALITY SUCKS! Ok, just stay calm and get the info from the lender. It's going to be okay......or would it???

I reached home and bolted for the half empty (or is it half-full?) bottle of 15 year. I'm gonna need 4 fingers to contemplate my options and rid myself from what was standing in the way of my goal. I searched the number to the bank holding the lease and dialed the number. I sipped on the liquid gold, savoring every flavorful note. The phone rang on the other end and finally picked up. Automated phone systems are worse than nails on a blackboard. I listened impatiently as each menu option was not what I needed. Finally, option 64, "Auto Leasing", the absolute LAST option in a 36 min. menu! I pressed 7-1 and was transferred. The phone rang twice, "You have reached the Auto Leasing Department. We are currently closed. Our hours of oper..........." AAAARRRRRGH!!! I stood and walked to the bathroom and dropped the cordless handset into the toilet. I flushed and then, I flushed again. It wouldn't leave the bowl. I swallowed the last of the Scotch and stared blankly at the phone, tiny bubbles escaping every few seconds. It was then that I realized the wife is not going to be happy about this. Reluctantly, I reached in and grabbed the phone, swaddling it in half a roll of triple ply toilet tissue. I frantically searched for a location to stow the soggy handset. I headed towards the garage wondering where I could hide it until I could come up with a suitable fix. AH HA! The tool chest! The wife will never look there! In it went. I grinned as I walked back into the house for round 2 of the 15 yr. I grabbed a refill and sat on the couch, flcking the remote for the TV. "Honey!?" Yes, my love? "Have you seen the phone?" *GULP*........

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.....................

8. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#8 Groovidad, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    The next day came and, with it, my speaking with the lease holder but, not without much dentist office music and automated reminders of "...we are experiencing large volumes of phone calls.." and "you may leave your number and someone will contact you". The call back que: 2,325!" NAH! I'll just hold. (I shaved 16 times and changed my car oil twice while waiting) A human finally responded with a cheerful demeanor. I explained my current dilemma which, to my surprise, she was quite empathetic towards. After discussing my options, I concluded that there was only one viable way out other than having my left testicle surgically removed and sent via FedEx, on dry ice, to the bank.

Valuing my jewels,(I'm kind of attached to them), I decided to have my car detailed and put it on the market. This would turn out to be much harder than I anticipated. I have owned over 57 new and used cars since my 16th Birthday. Yeah, yeah, I know.....it's a sickness, one for which there is no cure! Selling my vehicles has never been an issue yet, this time would prove the most challenging due to the large volume of used cars on the island. I expanded my advertising, changed photos around on the ads, did incremental price drops in hopes of enticement. NADA! I decided to give TESLA an opportunity to value my vehicle, taking advantage of their "Trade-In" option. I submitted my best photos, filled out the requested info and waited. It took longer than 48 hrs for them to get back to me. They fell short $5K of my payoff. Well, that sucks! Back to plan "A".

There are times in life where the stars all seem to align, you know, "when the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars..."? Then there are times when you clench your fists, shaking them at the heavens, screaming "WHY, GOD???" My "WHY GOD??" moment came. As I checked my email, there was a message from my TESLA assistant that had been guiding me through my purchase process. "Great news! Your delivery date is July 7th." I stared at the monitor. This was faster than I anticipated. I had much to contemplate, at my dismay. Where do I go from here? The thought of 2 car payments, at least till the lease was up made me cringe, not mentioning an additional auto insurance tab. Wish I was home right now cause I need a drink! I could only shake my head and ponder my next move. A move that might affect an important outcome.....................................

STAY TUNED FOR MORE..........................

• Like Like x 1
  9. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#9 Groovidad, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Reluctance is not a strong suit of mine. (Most definitely a good thing, in many aspects) The obvious decision reached out and smacked me. I had to postpone delivery until I could get my lease situation manageable. So, I banged out an email to my TESLA assistant, apologizing for having to hold off on delivery for a few months. I had anticipated a "not so friendly" email in response but, that did not materialize. She was totally understanding and reassured me that when I was ready, I could just drop her a line and she would make it happen. Even though I cringed at having to forgo delivery in the near future, I was relieved that all would be on my timeline.

July and August crept by and I continued to satisfy my appetite, feasting on new owner videos and updates on TESLA. The daily research prepared me more for life with an EV and shedding a ICE conveyance, hopefully for good! I read and watched new M3 owners note improvements they had made to their purchases, operations of the doors, phone app, touch screen controls, yadda, yadda. I took great pleasure in the crazy fun videos of passengers being pinned to their seats as the mischievous driver would hit warp drive. Breathtaking!

September came and still no bites on my lease. I cursed myself for ever leasing. Never have before and never will again! Yet, I still had time and as that time marched on, I was making payments, reducing my liability and my asking price. Patience had been my mantra though, that chant was getting VERY old! My birthday came and with it, my wife had surprised me with a few accessories for the coming electrified delight. It made it all the more real.

One afternoon before the end of the workday, I searched for any new info to assuage my thirst for anything TESLA. As I scrolled the recent news and video releases my mouse froze, as did I. TESLA announced that if orders weren't received by 12 October, delivery would not happen before the end of the year, negating the $7500 Federal Tax Incentive. Well, that does it! I'm all in now! I immediately pulled up a previous email to the TESLA assistant and made my commitment firm. Several days would go by before I heard back from her. I began to sweat, just a little, because I was one day away from the 12th and wanted to assure the order was placed. It was done! Time line: November-December delivery. At this point, I would have to make arrangements in the event the lease was not sold by then.

Life happens. I'd like to think I control all aspects of my life but, a higher power is always there, whether guiding, creating hurdles, twisting fate or bringing peace. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that my mind had been made up and there was no turning back. There's something about losing $7500 that just twists the arm and making "Uncle" come forth so readily.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.................(Almost there!)

10. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#10 Groovidad, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    October was a breeze. My excitement and anticipation of receiving my M3 kept me comfortable. The question was "when"? My patience (not to be compared to a child awaiting Christmas....it was worse!) was excruciating! I tried to put the thought of notification by my TESLA assistant as far away as the horses head nebulae. Really?! That proved impotent!

Once again, at work, answering the calls of my overbearing supervisor (she really is a good person) I found myself swamped in ......work. Though, my mind was not on the coming enlightenment, my electrified dream was always close by, fueling my new found obsession. AH HA! My TESLA advisor had sent me an email. THIS was the moment! I knew that my prayers had been answered and the reality would be the more so realized. The reward had come! "8 December @ 0930". What day was that? Oh yeah, the day after the Eagles concert...Saturday. I sat back in my most comfortable office chair and stared at the acoustical drop ceiling. (Hey! Where did that stain come from??) I smiled slightly knowing that my journey was nearing its end. Much like Frodo and Samwise Ganges realization upon seeing Mount Doom (though they really had no clue) i saw it. My research and rewatching countless operational YouTube videos reached a fevered pitch! I wanted to be the poster child of the well informed TESLA recipient!

I had already Orderd NUMEROUS upgrades (based on the help of M3 owners). MaxPider floor mats, Tesla branded frunk/trunk mats, brighter LED foot well, trunk and door lighting, roof glass noise reduction, matte console overlays, screen protector, wireless phone charger, blah, blah, blah. I was prepping for the inevitable. I had talked with my detailer setting up my 5 coats of ceramic coatings (He told me PPF is not perfected here....DAMN!) I was the proactive hero! Now, I just need wait. The lease I would deal with when the time came. I was prepared!

I looked back on my journey. By no means did I feel as if my plight was any more tenuous than any other seeking redemption from the, now what seemed, archaic iCE bondage. I have always settled for less. Whether due to finances, my children, summer vacations, advancement of my own education or just feeling guilty to engage in an act that might be considered ....selfish. (Never my way). No, responsibility to loved ones or life's necessities keep the boat on an even keel. Yet, this time, it was about me. This time I settled for no less than the best. This time I knew that I was part of a revolution, one that would blaze the trail to the future for all, not just the green, recycling, solar panel hugging stewards of our planet. (Yes, I am one) I stood on the precipice of the future! I looked out over the landscape of carbon emissions and oil based energy. I looked skyward, towards the blue sky and the clarity of unhindered air quality and ever improving ecosystem.......You know what? It feels REALLY GOOD!

STAY TUNED FOR.....JUST A LITTLE MORE!...................................

11. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

Timing is everything. Trusting your gut and leaving emotion outside the front door when making critical decisions is most always the best way forward; At least, my experiences have proven. I sit here, sipping on two fingers, awaiting my VIN to finalize my loan and move ever so close to 8 December, the realization of my electrified journey. My TESLA assistant has been gracious and, very patient! She has answered questions, put up with my multiple emails and delivered every time. The gal is busier than a three legged dog in a cat fight! (I gotta send her a Victoria Secrets gift card or something?)

Musk continues to push the boundaries, not only with investors, the SEC, FBI and customers but, the folks that go to work everyday, to produce our dreams and desires. My hats off to them. Granted, I've read the multiple stories of poor fit and finish , "logistics hell", extended delivery dates, trucker strikes, buggy OTA updates and service center disappointments (don't flame me for leaving any out) I will always give the greatest credit and admiration for the builders. Without their sweat, we would still be dreaming....at least some of us. We are believers. We hold faith in an idea, a vision that many naysayers would denegrade and insult but, that mind set is waning. We are the underdogs that have risen above adversity and have become triumphant not only in staying the course but, following through to the end, as we wrap our fingers around the wheel of pure ICE independence and ecological impact, no matter how small.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.....................

12. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

I have always put trust in the reality of any given issue or situation.(How could you not!?). I knew that my "8 Dec." delivery date was "ify ", at best. Sure enough, I received an email from, not my TESLA handler but, a new one. Apologetic but reassuring handler, she is. San Diego shipping is "bottlenecked" and would be sorted out shortly. Hmmm, "shortly". Shortly as in 2 days or shortly as in 2 months? These are details that require more finite description. My response, "Hey, as long as I receive the M3 by 31 Dec., no worries!" She knows where I'm at. She knows $7500 is riding on my dream. Yet, no response since 11 am. (*sigh). Here I sit, empty glass, empty bottle banging out this post like a man on trial with no defense. I was at TESLA's mercy. (How am I any different than the many before me that suffered, delay after delay(?))

Life goes on. Thanksgiving approaches and preparations are in play for family and friends. My mind wanders but is snapped back into reality by my wife's menu reciting, the countless errands she sends me on and the calls to affirm arrivals and visitations. I put my faith in TESLA and Musk. I have MUCH to be thankful for. I move forward placing more important issues in my focus.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my brothers and sisters that have realized the dream and those, like myself, that still await, whether patiently or hanging by the last shred of sanity that can be mustered.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE........................

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Administrator

Wishing you the very best in the last leg...
    Keep it up, my friend... ;)

IT’S GONNA HAPPEN!

14. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

The holidays are a wonderful time of year! Family and friends sharing in good will and cheer....LOTS of cheer! Though my Thanksgiving meal was more than what it took to fatten the turkey that sacrificed for our consumption, the "Holiday Cheer", unscrewed my head! Friday was NOT a lucid day! Never the less, life went on and, believe it or not, my mind was not transfixed on the trappings of TESLA.

Tying up loose ends is requisite for any business deal or major purchase. I've always strived to assure seamless transactions. (Sans the time I brokered an arms deal between Iran using Columbian seized drug money). WAIT! Uh..sorry! That was my friend Ollie. My bad! (I'll deny everything!). Moving forward, my Credit Union approved my loan, my condo sold, my insurance carrier was tracking, Tesla Power Unit installed and 2 bottles of 18 year purchased for my delivery (foolish of me to think they'll last till the 21st!). Things are looking up! 23 days left until launch. My only concern is that mission control (TESLA Delivery Team) will abort and reschedule. (How many times have we seen this?!). Ahh, don't worry, be happy! Yeah, right!

My coworkers ask me weekly about my delivery. I give them the same updates. (GEEEZ! Do they not listen!?)
    Soon, I will post videos of them, friends and family getting thrown back in their seats, squealing and crying for me to slow down. White knuckled, gripping of the door handles, asking me to pull over due to acceleration induced nausea and vertigo. Ahhhhh.....they may rue the day but.....he he, I WON'T! It's my party and I'll laugh, if I want to! (Homage to the oldies!)

STAY TUNED FOR MORE.............................

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

#15 Groovidad, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Friday, the 7th (Pearl Harbor Day here in Hawaii) I get a rather LOOONG message from my delivery advisor. Much apologizing for yet, another delay. First it was 8 Dec. Next it was 21 Dec. Now, it's 30 Dec. I paused wondering, will this happen before years end? I stared at the message contemplating my next move. Would I make it and achieve the $7500 fed tax incentives? Would I have to forgoe the half incentive OR would I have to lubricate and sight in my Remington 700 .308 for a hit? Questions...questions. As I'm not prone to senseless violence, the latter was out of the question. Yet, $7500 has been THE major factor for ordering back in October. I pondered my response for some time. I had myself a couple of fingers of good Scotch and weighed my response.

I fancy myself a fairly patient man. I can keep my cool under some of the most stressful situations. I thank my military training for that skill. I sighed heavily and began my response. Most of it not blaming her or the shipping debacle in San Diego (WHY are they shipping 8-9 hours away from the Bay Area???). I asked if Tesla was going to reimburse me for the $3750 I would lose if not delivered by the 31st? After all, they promised delivery by years end if ordered by Oct 10th AND, AGAIN, if ordered by the end of November. I know, I know...Tesla has a habit of promising and not delivering.

So, here I sit, garage wall charger installed, accessories cluttering my guest bedroom and my wife rolling her eyes. (She doesn't get it). There's not enough Scotch to assuage my anguish! For now, I sit and wait. What else can I do? They have $23000 of my cash and I'm helpless as a drunk without a home! We shall see.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE....PAIN!

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Administrator

@Groovidad , I feel for you, my friend...
    Hopefully your car will indeed be delivered by month end! Keeping fingers crossed! :)

17. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

Thanks brother! Keeping the faith!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

Patience and faith prevails! Yesterday, my delivery assistant verified my VIN on an inbound shipment to Honolulu. A week from tomorrow is zero day. At 1700 hrs that day, I will reach the zenith of my Electrified Journey and begin enjoying a life free of fossil fuel and ICE. (The wife is not quite ready yet but, she will still benefit). Talk about down to the wire! That $7500 Fed incentive is locked in! (Unless an iceberg jumps in front of my M3 carrier! I shudder the thought!)

I must admit, keeping faith is not always as easy as saying it. Variables beyond our control can impact the strength of our resolve. I am a firm believer of Karma and have always taken the stand of living a good life, as best as one can. My experiences have reinforced that good things happen to good people yet, there is no guarantee. Life is what you make it, good or....not so good. Though my faith has been shaken several times during this particular journey, I told myself if it is meant to be, it will be.

Stepping away from my philosophical ramblings, I'm stoked!! The waiting is now the hardest part, as I can finally see the light gleaming so close. For now, I continue to prepare myself with YouTube videos and an occasional 2-3 fingers of Johnnie Blue or whatever is sitting on the shelf.

I want to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas! Always remember THE reason for the season! Aloha!

STAY TUNED FOR DELIVERY EXPERIENCE!........................

19. Roy_H

Roy_H Member

Very entertaining. And a very Merry Christmas to you too. Must be a relief to know the difference in tax rebate will be paid by Tesla if not delivered before the end of the year, but seems guaranteed you will get your car shortly. How about your lease? Years ago I sold my leased car and basically the lease was taken over by the purchaser.

20. Groovidad

Groovidad Member

Aloha, Roy_H! Yes, I’m relieved, to say the least! Made numerous attempts to sell my current ICE vehicle since August but, without success. I will turn it in with 9 mos. remaining and pay the difference. Not very palatable but, a necessary evil, if you will. Wish I could have had someone assume but, the bank will not allow. It is what it is!