Teslab - The best companion app for you and your Tesla!

Discussion in 'Tesla Apps' started by Ben Schippers, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Paul Carter

Paul Carter New Member

Home Page:
    Hi, I've requested access via teslanomics referral last week, but haven't received an invite yet. Any chance of getting access?

2. Ben Schippers

Ben Schippers Member

Can you please email teslab@happyfuncorp.com and mention teslanomics. We'll get you in.

3. Paul Carter

Paul Carter New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the speedy turnaround. Really liking the UX.

4. Ben Schippers

Ben Schippers Member

We're going to begin pushing out the 0.5 version of the TesLab in car experience. We're currently focusing on stability for this initial release and therefore focusing attention on fleet level data.

Shortly we're going to be pushing out friends and community related leaderboards and from there a new feature, 'near me'. Here's a screen shot. C78u3_NUwAA8_Hn.jpg

jim-klaasmeyer likes this.
  5. ThosEM

ThosEM New Member

Home Page:
    Today I noticed that between 06:00 and 11:00 hrs, teslab was active for 3.5 hours in the background, which got me down to 85% SOC without using the phone for anything else. I've now denied access except when I have the app open, which should take care of that, but is it to be expected?

6. Ben Schippers

Ben Schippers Member

We are retooling aspects of the backend to resolve some battery issues. You'll see improvements soon.

7. Ben Schippers

Ben Schippers Member

Quick update. TesLab is testing it's new backend which will improve all data across the entire system. We are also beginning to test In Car Dash Design.png new in dash!

Paul Carter likes this.
  8. Paul Carter

Paul Carter New Member

Home Page:
    Are you going to have the ability to put in price of gas for the savings? If I was driving my ICE right now its $5.94 / gallon CAD or $4.42 USD! Yikes.

9. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Hi Paul, that's on the list to add at some point.

Paul Carter likes this.
  10. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Hi everyone, some big reductions are coming on the cell phone power use. We made a big change over on the backend last week and have been doing some cleanup after that. The data quality will be much improved, we'll use less power and we'll be able to add more cool features.

We've also updated the in-car dash (available at http://teslab.happyfuncorp.com/dash after you've installed the app on your phone). Some images are below.

New additions:
    • Weather radar
    • Wind direction & speed
    • Fleet size
    • The next feature panels beyond Fleet Stats with Waze traffic reports via Teslawaze
    We are live in the Google Play store and working through the usual bureaucracy with Apple to get in the Apple App store.

Image uploaded from iOS.jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg

11. noah-eisnergmail-com

It's been good to use so far. Favorite features are the efficiency rating and the new Waze integration (gets a few things like police built-into the map). Here are some feature requests:
    • All trips saved and taggable for business expense
    • Pull down to refresh on Activity tab
    • On Activity Tab - if i click on the card should, it should go to drill-down, not the user details. too often you click the top middle of the card and it goes to user details.
    • The charged event is showing no details in drill-down. I had seen data in it.

Does the leaderboard reset every Sunday/Monday? Because my data is not showing there.

12. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Hi thaks for the feedback, some answers:

1) We have that on the list
    2) Same here
    3) It depends where you click if its close to the name you get the person details, if further away you get the event details.
    4) Should always get details on this, we had an issue for about a week where they werent showing up but all should be showing now.

13. xerc

xerc New Member

I would just like to check in again and say that the data gathering has gotten alot better! Very good work :)

The top lists are great, and maybe we could get some more? Like one that is "for all time", not just last week.. And one more location based - as i am maybe not so interested in drivers in the US, or Spain, as the climate and overall driving habits are different. I would like to compare to the ones in my own country, and maybe also city?
    Country shouldn't be a problem now, as you already have done some work related to this in the fuel cost saving currency?:)

14. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Yup, those items are on the list. Also be sure to check out our in car dash:

http://teslab.happyfuncorp.com/dash