Teslab - The best companion app for you and your Tesla!

Discussion in 'Tesla Apps' started by Ben Schippers, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Right now the app doesn't ever issue the "Wake" command to the car. It could be that, when the car is unresponsive, it spins and burns energy trying to get to the car. That's something we need to look into so I'll file an issue on our side. Meanwhile, it's probably best to set the "always connected" state on your car to limit the phone battery burn. Phone battery use in general is something we need to spend time on.

2. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

Somehow the app doesn't recognize the fact I am driving:
    IMG_5234.PNG

3. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Hi John, it would appear on the Track page, not that one. What does the track page show?

4. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

It looks like the vampire drain sum is way off
    IMG_5235.PNG IMG_5236.PNG IMG_5237.PNG

5. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

6. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

Looking at it: will there be an option (settings) to adapt the local Gas pricing? Now it is on US $ only. At this moment we have 3 different types of fuel over here in The Netherlands: Regular (EURO 95): $ 1,80 per liter, Super (EUR 98) : $ 1,88 per liter and diesel: $ 1,42 per liter. (apart from LPG). As you know we use the metric system over here. 1 liter = 0,26 US gallons

7. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

I am referring to the Gas Money Saved number of course.

8. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
  9. dpmgn47

dpmgn47 New Member

The new update seems faster to me and when charging it is handy to see the mileage increase more accurately (per mile) than the Tesla App does (in chunks), would like to see % of battery and mileage in same screen though.
    The TRACK tab at the bottom is also handy while charging, I wonder if we could get all the battery info into one screen, battery %, energy kW, typical and rated miles all in one same UI screen?
    Like the charge projections at the bottom.

Ben Schippers likes this.
  10. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Thanks great feedback. We've got a lot more coming.

11. ThosEM

ThosEM New Member

Home Page:
    There seems to be a lot of promoting going on for an app that isn't available yet... (except in beta by invitation). Do you have to tease everyone?

12. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    We're excited! We've also invited everyone who has wanted to the join the beta into it and have a LOT of beta testers in it now. If you'd like an invite just DM me and let me know Android or iOS.

13. Will Schenk

Will Schenk New Member

Do you have multiple vehicles by chance? Also, right now we assume that your phone is in the car with you as you drive. If someone else drives the car, we don't necessarily notice that it's in the drive state and there may be a bug that things it's phantom drain. We should be able to tell that the odometer changed, but I'll need to look deeper into it.

14. dpmgn47

dpmgn47 New Member

Measurements for mileage and battery.

We have typical and rated miles while I think US has rated and ideal, also there is projected mileage in the calculations.

For the battery usage I can see I drove exactly say 100miles but in typical that could have been actual 110 use due to my driving style (up hills etc), but the maths always defaults to rated so that number is say 140 miles, but all my measurements are done in typical, can we have the same figures for the chosen rate of range (typical/ideal and rated)

Or have both on at all times to compare.

How difficult to have the same "after last charge" figures available also? mi | kWh | Wh/mi

Maybe the trip figures in a tab/page would be good.

I guess basically how much of the in car information can you throw into the app so we can see all that same sets of figures inside the app (including energy left/used and distance) while having a cold beer out the fridge after a long days travelling :) Cheers....

15. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Great. When we show the battery range in the app we're using the Ideal vs Rated setting from the car, but on the trips etc we're just using rated. We have an open ticket to modify that.

16. dpmgn47

dpmgn47 New Member

Yes I notice this on the TRACK when charging, the yellow battery at the top is typical/ideal as selected in the car display but the others are rated, like the 10 minute interval and projected ranges/times to that charge level, so its a conflict of numbers from the two separate calculations.

Perhaps we need either one of each or both at all times as currently the numbers don't match on the same info screens.

17. Ben Schippers

Ben Schippers Member

Glad you're enjoying the experience. IN regards to your suggestions yes. We are going to be making updates that you'll be very pleased with!.:)

18. dpmgn47

dpmgn47 New Member

Its been mentioned before but a few possible users are showing concern about non-3rd Party official API Tesla support and giving away ID to the App.

It might be worth some form of statement to assure users all info is safe.

Not everyone is keen to change passwords often or just forget to do so, you may have done this but just a mention thats all.

19. johntroch64

johntroch64 New Member

Hi Will, no, I drive only 1 MX and I am the only one driving my car. My iPhone is with me all the time (in my car ;-))