Tesla tuner offers Model 3 "P" with aftermarket body kit and lightweight treatment

Discussion in 'In the News' started by dangelomatt12, Sep 12, 2017.

1. dangelomatt12

dangelomatt12 Member

#1 dangelomatt12, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Los Angeles-based Unplugged Performance has released a rendering of a Tesla Model 3 dressed in a sleek aftermarket body kit and Ultra-light wheels. As tuners begin to stake their claim in the Model 3 aftermarket accessories market, Unplugged is looking to provide a more unique experience for the discerning owner by methodically transforming their Model 3 into an aggressive and sportier “Model 3 P” that has performance in mind.

The company is offering a bespoke, low-volume Model 3 that will feature aero treatments, ultra-lightweight wheels and a ceramic brake upgrade through the company’s “Complete Car Program”.

“While Tesla desires to make the Model 3 as rapidly and inexpensively as possible, the Unplugged Performance variant Model 3 will be made slowly, in an artisan fashion befitting of a Supercar experience.” says the California-based tuner. “The Unplugged Performance Model 3 will be the car Tesla does not want to make themselves: An ultra-low production, artisan made specialty vehicle for a limited audience of motoring enthusiasts.”

In addition to being able to purchase a loaded Model 3 with the company’s full aftermarket treatment, Unplugged Performance also said it will release parts individually. The company aims to have three separate Model 3 variants, with the “P” (or highest performing) version.

[​IMG]Source: Unplugged Performance

“Every vehicle will be one of a kind,” CEO Ben Schaffer tells Teslarati. The Model 3 buyer is “involved in interior material selections, colors, stitching detail, exterior color, body design specification, wheel design specification and custom tailored performance attributes to each owner’s driving preference.”

Though Tesla will not be producing the dual motor Performance variant of the Model 3 until mid-2018, Unplugged Performance notes that they will be offering their own “P” version of the vehicle that will be outfitted with a multitude of add-ons, including carbon fiber treatments, re-tuned suspension, Ultra-light wheels with titanium lug nuts, and other made-to-order interior detailing. All of the coloring, carbon fiber detailing and even audio systems are also made-to-order. Pricing has yet to be announced.

For some Model 3 drivers, the Unplugged Performance’s Complete Car Program and ala carte aftermarket bodykit upgrade could be seen as a way to add personalization to a car that has been characterized as elegance through simplicity.

After the initial test drives by members of the media in late July, some claimed that the Model 3’s design was among its best features.

While the Unplugged Performance body modification does provide a luxury twist to the Model 3, many owners may be just fine with the elegant design dreamed up by Tesla CEO Elon Musk and his team.

What do you think? What aftermarket modifications do you plan to get for your Model 3, if any? Let us know in the comments below.

Article: Tesla tuner offers Model 3 "P" with aftermarket body kit and lightweight treatment

2. wowlfer

wowlfer New Member

Love the orange. One thing for sure all of Tesla colors are booorrrriiinnngg. Wish Tesla would offer this fabulous orange rats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Yep! Particularly since, as every knows... Orange is the new black!! :D.

So it would come for free! :p

4. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#4 Mergoscia, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    My Unplugged Model 3 will be a P80DUP or P85DUP lightweight 5 seater with the families heraldic shields of my family and my wife's in Dark Royal Blue and family colors against a caramel or creme color vegan / velvet upholstery with a Golden or a vivid Green/ Yellow fine line in the two front seats. The back seats will be caramel or creme with small fine Golden lines. Most of the interior will be in caramel or creme velvet in combination with White/golden silk. The steering wheel will be in Dark Royal Blue strong velvet. Stripped from all unnecessary weight with Ultra lightweight long range wheels and Brabo brakes both in Dark Royal Blue or plain matte black, the same DRB color on the body with again at the back the two family shields at the spot where normally is written the kWh's. The glass roof will present a blue color when seen from the outside, so all colors will match. The mirrors will be more wide, slimmer and aerodynamic, like those of the Lucid Air. A (Canadian) Classé surround sound audiosystem for classical music with Bowers and Wilkins speakers and a virtual speedometer in blue in the frontscreen. And separate TV, radio and internet (screens) for all passengers with Grado Headphones.
    An additional systemscreen will be added at the left side of the steering wheel or the 15 inch screen moved to the left, so I can operate it with my left hand. And the car's voice will say Goodmorning, good afternoon or Good Evening, Pietro (and/or Ai Mei) when we aproach the car.
    I am mad and living three centuries ago? Yes, but it is nice to dream about my ancestors lifes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert T.

Robert T. New Member

I think the Model 3 is great without the kit. Added weight and lower to the ground to bottom out going over things isn't ideal for any car, especially a BEV

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Well, you certainly have got it all figured out, Pietro! ;)

7. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Michael, you as an Italian knows how Italians love their history, especcially their family's history.
    But answering your comment, No, I didn't figure it out completely. I forgot to mention that I want lowering the car and get smarter air suspention, So I still can drive at sandy landroads and visit my cousin who cannot use his Euro 200.000 + Ferrari because his car is too low for the road leading up to his house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. grfried

grfried New Member

I would like to see a kit that adds swiveling headlights to the Model 3. A great boon for us older drivers.

9. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#9 Mergoscia, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    I would like them too, but I am not convinced it is only for "us" older drivers.

Well, you certainly have got it all figured out, Pietro! ;)
    Michael, still forgot to do a change. The car is not supposed to say Goodmorning Pietro, but Goodmorning Marchese.