Tesla (TSLA) could be in striking distance of a short squeeze soon: Piper Jaffray

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Roy_H, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Roy_H

Roy_H Member

2. Roy_H

Roy_H Member

I thought the shorts would have made a killing when the TSLA stock fell to $250. Shouldn't that be over now?

3. Bngt

Bngt New Member

Nope, The short volumes are still high and they can't cover quickly without causing the short squeeze. There will be those who cover slowly now while trying to encourage the others to stay short. The big firms like Citron have reversed in the face of those who trusted their recommendations.
    I'll do the opposite and recommend us all to sit on the stock now for a very long time or at least not sell before Piper Jaffrey at $525. ( My strategy is to sell at $524. Probably Piper Jaffrey will do the same lol!)
    In the end I'll make sure that I have a large number of stock in 2023 when the price may reach $1000.
    (This is not official investment advice!)

4. Bngt

Bngt New Member

I also wonder why the articles no longer have a comments field?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F4 Berni

F4 Berni New Member

Bngt
    I don't know about the comments field but I do know short selling is illegal in the UK. This is due to an EU law from 2012. It seems over here you can do it a bit of short selling but if someone says 'Hey you!!' then you could be in all sorts of problems. Like if you are trying to profit from it for example. I have no idea if that's good or bad. The only stock I have currently is in my larder hoping to be eaten before I forget it is there!

6. Bngt

Bngt New Member

Lol!
    I am not shorting any stock, not even Ford, even if it is a sure bet.