Tesla now reporting open stalls for some Superchargers

Discussion in 'Tesla Charging' started by Teslaliving, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Not all Superchargers are showing this yet, but select Superchargers started showing live stall availability to help with trip planning/congestion issues. Presumably, they've prioritized the busiest chargers first.

SC Available Stalls-watermark.jpg

It seems like the capability was added in the last general release version (8.0 (2.52.22)) which started showed the cost for idle fees on update but not stall use. Now this additional data is turning up. It wasn’t there before for the same charger and my car firmware version hasn’t changed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy New Member

This is awesome!! I just confirmed on my car as well at 8.0 17.4.14...

I also noticed that if you zoom the map out and select the supercharger it will show the bar graph status of all the visible superchargers on the screen!!

FullSizeRender-12.jpg

3. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Yeah its very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gene

gene Moderator

Very cool! How far can you zoom out before it no longer shows you the red indicators? Can you see activity taking place across the world?

Also, I'd be curious to see if Nav is intelligent enough to reroute you to less busy Supercharger stations. I'm sure it'll eventually be there, if not already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gene

gene Moderator

Basically, it remained dormant until they "unlocked" the feature. I wonder what other info is buried inside the latest software. Where's wk057 when we need him. @Tech_Guy, does he use forums?

6. gene

gene Moderator

Just checked. It looks like you can only go a certain radius out before you can no longer see the Supercharger activity status.

7. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    @gene wk057 publishes on TMC a lot.