Tesla Model 3 with white interior option spotted ahead of Fall availability

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by gene, Aug 12, 2017.

1. gene

gene Moderator

#1 gene, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A gorgeous Tesla Model 3 with white interior option was recently spotted charging at the Mountain View Supercharger station just outside of company headquarters. This marks the first time we’re seeing white seats on a non-prototype Model 3 in a public setting.

Tesla first revealed a white interior option for Model 3 at the March 31, 2016 unveiling event, when the company gave test rides in prototypes that were configured with dual motors.

The latest photos of the white Model 3 posted to Imgur reveal a white interior option that will not officially be offered until Fall 2017, according to the company’s Model 3 reservation FAQ page.

[​IMG]Tesla Model 3 with white seats spotted at the Mountain View Supercharger via Imgur

Early recipients of Model 3 consisting of employees, investors and company board members, took delivery of vehicles that were outfitted with black seats and black interior trim. It’s not clear if the Model 3 seen in the latest photos is one of the first production vehicles or a release candidate, though it’s more likely the later.

Recent screenshots of the Model 3 online configurator indicate that the choice of interior color has not yet been made available. Beyond Model 3’s optional $5,000 Premium Upgrades package that includes heated ‘vegan’ seats in black, open pore wood decor, a premium sound system, and more - buyers will have to wait until later this year before the white interior option becomes available. Tesla CEO Elon Musk also recently confirmed that the dual motor option for Model 3 is expected in mid-2018, as the company works on ‘getting out of Model 3 production hell‘.

[​IMG][​IMG]Tesla Model 3 with white seats spotted at the Mountain View Supercharger via Imgur[​IMG][​IMG]

Tesla first introduced the white interior option, billed as “Ultra White”, when Model X first debuted. Musk noted that the synthetic material being used is more durable and resistant to stains than other materials being offered by Tesla. It wasn’t long before Model X owners took to YouTube to demonstrate the stain-fighting abilities of the Ultra White material, going as far as pouring coffee onto the bright white seats.

Having a white dashboard trim with white seats against a dark headliner certainly makes for a dramatic contrast. What are your thoughts on having a white interior? And how much do you think Tesla will charge for this optional Model 3 upgrade?

Photos courtesy of Jondoe20161203 via Imgur

Article: Tesla Model 3 with white interior option spotted ahead of Fall availability

2. vincent wolf

vincent wolf Member

I prefer black with tan interior or light grey. Guess I'll have to buy something else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bob Hinden

Bob Hinden New Member

The car was at the Super Charger at Computer History Museum in Mt. View. This is not "just outside of company headquarters" in Palo Alto.

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

@gene does refer to the Mountain View SC... if I'm not mistaken, we're talking ~8 miles?...
    At the level of the whole of the US, let alone the rest of the world, which Teslarati covers here, I'd say we're pretty close... :D

5. SeaDoc

SeaDoc New Member

Thanks for the great pics... You've confirmed my order coming up for this October 2017... White/White 3 for its Black/Black big brother S...

6. GTV6

GTV6 New Member

Any idea what the take rate on the creme is for the bigger cars so far? The white is beautiful but not sure about white on white. I love white cars and black interior is too somber and hot IMHO. The white dash insert looked terrific in past videos rather than the wood. Wonder if that will be the combo for the white premium interior. As many have noted, first world problems.

7. SeaDoc

SeaDoc New Member

It does show the white insert with the new white interior option on Teslarati. My preference would be to replace the white insert with carbon fiber which I think would mesh well with the display screen, better than the white insert... I have no information regarding the cream option, but it looks nice as compared with the darker tan... But it really is personal preference - I live in an area where 110 in the summer is a daily event, so white is cool... for a lot of reasons...

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Nice. Stevie Wonder & Paul McCartney would be pleased... :D

9. electric joe

electric joe New Member

I drove a loaner 75D with ultra white seats this summer for about a week and fell in love with those seats. They feel softer than leather and the bright white is really nice.

Side note for Gene though -- seasons aren't proper nouns in English, so don't capitalize fall, winter, spring or summer as you did in this article's title.