Tesla Model 3 makes its way to showrooms in LA and SF Bay Area for public viewing

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by simonalvarez0987, Jan 11, 2018.

1. simonalvarez0987

simonalvarez0987 Active Member

#1 simonalvarez0987, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tesla’s stores in Los Angeles and Palo Alto, CA debuted something special today, with the two showrooms becoming the first in the United States to feature the Model 3 on display. It marks the first time the Silicon Valley-based electric carmaker is bringing the Model 3 to its retail store for public consumption, a sign that Tesla is prepared for the expected increase to its already sizable preorder count for the electric compact.

Visitors to Tesla’s store in Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto and Century City Mall in Los Angeles, core markets for first Model 3 deliveries, will have the opportunity to view, sit in, and experience the much-talked-about mass-market electric car.

The debut immediately struck a chord among attendees of a private event held at Tesla’s retail store on Thursday evening, with many enthusiasts posting photos of the Model 3 on social media.

[​IMG] Tesla Model 3 debuts at Century City store in Los Angeles [Credit:

Article: Tesla Model 3 makes its way to showrooms in LA and SF Bay Area for public viewing

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. 61202inmem

61202inmem New Member

which headliner does it have????? :)

3. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    Exactly. Personally hope that this is the new premium cloth that folks are reporting.

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Do you really think this cloth is ‘premium’, Dennis? Your car still has Alcantara, right? Why do expect cloth to be as ‘premium’? o_O

5. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    Alcantara may look like leather, but is made from petroleum products. (It is composed of about 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane) (source - Wikipedia) Whereas cloth can have less petroleum products.

So, going with the "No Gas" theme. Cloth IS Premium to me. (think "Fine Egyptian Cotton for shirts.)

That being said. I aesthetically prefer Alcantara. However, for Tesla's sake... since they switched to "premium cloth", I would hope that their demonstration units ARE cloth interior and NOT Alcantara to be consistent with their message.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Ok. Now if it’s ‘Fine Egyptian Cloth’ I feel much better now...! ;)

Agree with you on demo cars!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mbagirl00

mbagirl00 New Member

That headliner looks to be white or very light in color...I may have to make a trip to the Century City Showroom to confirm! ;-)

8. mbagirl00

mbagirl00 New Member

And on the subject of "Premium" - anything NOT leather is ok in my book, although less impact to the environment (per Dennis's comment above) the better!

9. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Please do and let us know what you find out!
    That would be useful, mbagirl00! :)
    Don't think there is much leather left, if any in Model 3 (except maybe the steering wheel, @Dennis ?)

10. Rasmus Christensen

Rasmus Christensen New Member

Same material as in any other Bmw or Audi . I really do not understand all the hassle. I do prefer the alcantara tough but I think it should only be available on model s x and roadster since it is premium, and there should be a significant difference between entry models and their high end models .

11. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hi Rasmus. Note that T≡SLA now saying they will use same material across the range of cars. Sure there can be and will be differences that subside between Model 3 and S/X...

12. bryonpender

bryonpender New Member

I went on Monday to the Century City location check it out. The line at 3pm was about 45min long and they let you sit in the driver\'s seat for literally 1 minute. They had a guy timing it. In the passenger seat was another person to walk you thru the car. He told me it has Google maps and Slacker. I didn\'t even get the seat adjusted before I was told my time was up. Maybe if you catch it with no line they\'ll let you sit in it longer. It was a Premium model with 19\" wheels and glass roof. I would love to see something more stock someday. You know, something closer to $35K than $60K

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Understand & can relate. That may be 4-6 months away yet at least you had that short & sweet moment.. ;)