Tesla "Loaner Wheels" program and Tire Hazard Protection saved the day

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Teslarati Bot, Feb 11, 2017.

1. rullrich

rullrich New Member

Hi Gene : I am interested. What are you asking for them? And, I will need to confirm with Tesla that I can cancel the pending order without penalty. Since there has been no motion, it should be no problem. We should take this off line. Can you suggest a secure method?

2. gene

gene Moderator

Hi @rullrich, sorry for catching this a bit late but I'm sending you a private convo. now.

3. Evoto Rentals

Evoto Rentals New Member

Home Page:
    We experienced this last Sunday too! A customer was bringing our Model S 75D back and on the way back the tire went completely flat. Called Tesla Roadside Assistance Sunday around 5:00 and they came you our location in just under 30 minutes! They changed the tire within a couple minutes and gave us a loaner. We have an appointment today to change the tire again.

All in all, Tesla's service is incredible.

4. AZ Desert Driver

AZ Desert Driver New Member

I took my (TPMS low pressure) tire to Discount Tire - my local go-to folks. They found a nail as culprit, but also found the tire full of sound dampening material and decided they could not fix it, and that I must buy a new tire (only 1500 miles on the wounded one). I had them pressure up the tire enough to drive 1/2 mile home.
    I called Tesla Service...they arrived with a loaner and took my wounded one to...Discount Tire (another shop) who promptly repaired the foam filled tire with the Tesla guy providing oversight. Saved me several hundreds of dollars buying an unneeded tire.
    So - good Tesla service. And a learning lesson...not all tire techs or even busy shops know all there is to know about fixing tires. If I ever get a flat on the road and have to talk to a tow truck guy...gently insist he fix it, or call Tesla to have them explain how to fix it.