Tesla Could make $1Billion From Emissions Credits

Discussion in 'In the News' started by JCJ007, Sep 20, 2018.

1. JCJ007

JCJ007 New Member

So I am a big skeptic when it comes to Tesla there is clearly technology that needs to be developed, the government money and alot of high stakes buccaneering gambles involved in its structure but https://seekingalpha.com/article/42...n-dollar-regulatory-credit-bonanza?app=1&dr=1 interestingly if Emissions become something to trade Tesla stands to gain perhaps this could boost them just north of the $360 share price avoiding Tesla's debt problems. The cash burn is still high the competition will crowd the market in 2020 but it looks like Tesla could get a windfall in the short term. The subsidies for EVs will have to end soon as the market grows, and in the Long Term Carbon based Climate Change will be exposed for the sham it is but that won't happen for years it's become too powerful an industry to stop and it suits governments across the developed world politically and from a tax point of view. In the Medium term we have the infrastructure issues for EVs. What will happen? Well plucky Tesla will continue to surf the waves and when things look difficult there is the possibility of partnering with companies like Apple who knows? I have no shares should you buy or sell well do your own research is the best advice they really could still go either way wait to see if model3 orders are fulfilled soon as suggested?

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Thanks for sharing. The main element of your post I disagree with is when you say that ‘competition will crowd the market’ in 2020... First of all, most ICE makers will only start commercializing their first EV by then... Also note they will for the most part introduce EVs that remain largely built on one of of their traditional models (e.g. Mercedes EQA seemingly a mere electrified version of the GLC).
    Tesla in the meantime is likely to be north of half a million cars per year, without the premised big plus they’ll enjoy a year or two later from Model Y...

Finally one can reasonably anticipate a growth in EV demand and the question is what ‘the market’ is. There are over 80 million cars sold each year in the world. It’ll be a while before new EV launches ‘flood’ that... ;)

Have a pleasant evening.

3. agdejager

agdejager New Member

I agree for the full 1000%.

• Like Like x 1