Tesla begins Supercharger CCS upgrade ahead of Model 3 rollout in Europe

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Tiger, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Tiger

Tiger New Member

2. Roy_H

Roy_H Member

The picture shows the single phase AC plug (American version), I thought the European version of the CCS was 3 phase. Seems Tesla is not in sync with the European version and therefore the Model 3 will not be able to use the chargers from other companies.

3. BenitoFR06

BenitoFR06 New Member

#3 BenitoFR06, Jan 16, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 8:05 AM
    Here is a doc to follow the progress of CSS installation at European superchargers. In France Tesla told me everything should be finished by March 2019, my delivery month normally :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ralph Malph

Ralph Malph New Member

The money issue is only a concern to Tesla. They charge Tesla customers anyway, so why not everyone else too. The issue is there won't be enough chargers to go around if they let all the other cars charge from the Tesla network which impacts the Tesla customers.

What I would think is an even bigger issue is the loss of the competitive edge of having such a wide network compared to the chargers available to other EVs. At least in the US there is no comparison at all. Try to make a trip in any other car than a Tesla and you'll be spending as much time charging as driving... well maybe that's an exaggeration, but not a large one.

5. BenitoFR06

BenitoFR06 New Member

I fully agree with you Ralph. This is a major PLUS for Tesla to sell their cars. In Europe car manufacters have contributed to 2 networks which are still not comparable to Tesla's. And they share them for all. Tesla should keep this advantage until there is a big public superchargers network.

• Agree Agree x 1