Standard Options

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by JordanWilliamson, Apr 14, 2018.

1. JordanWilliamson

Has there been any confirmation either on what the standard interior is. I know on the configurator it has compare with standard but that doesn't really tell you the full store. For some items isit comparing like for like such as premium (faux leather) to textile seats. But for other items it just doesn't tell you.

The ones I'm wondering about are heated seats, on premium it says full cabin, but it doesn't mention on standard. By industry standards the front seats should be heated standard and that's the way it is on the model S and X, the upgrade is the back seats. Had this been confirmed on the model 3? One would hope heated front seats come standard in a car at its price point.

Power adjustable seating. This should be standard, I know it was in my Camry. I assume it would be in the model 3, why would the whole car be controlled by a touch screen yet have manual seats.

The roof, originally I believe there was going to be regular roof, glass and a glass sunroof. The premium models have consolidated to glass and glass sunroof right? I don't expect glass to be standard but it could very well be, have we seen anything confirming or even hinting at the base model having a metal roof?

2. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    I can confirm that the Model 3 allows heat on all seats... front and back.

When it was first released, there were no controls for the rear seat heating, but was released months later (March, just in time for Spring! o_O)

3. JordanWilliamson

Thank you, yes I understand that. What I am wondering is if "heated seats" in general are a premium upgrade or is the premium upgrade simply the back seats while standard will come with heated front seats like every other car in it's class

4. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    No one knows on Model 3...

On S, front seats are standard, and rear was part of climate package when I ordered. (2013)