Software updates...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Tesla Addict, May 23, 2016.

1. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

We all know how Tesla has profiles for different drivers as well as "Valet Mode". My assumption with the Model 3 is that it'll be more of a family car than a sports/luxury/leisure car. To clarify, with the high price tag of the Roadster, Model S and Model X, parents may not want their children to drive their car (for an unfortunate example, the teen in Germany who recently took the family's Model S and crashed it). I understand they are the safest cars on the road and they are fantastic to drive. However, I know for a fact if my parents would own a 100,000$ car, I would only get to drive it to my prom and on my birthday... :( :)

With that being said, I believe parents would be more willing to let their children or others drive their Model 3...

So, why doesn't Tesla release an "administrator" option for the owner? Like with a computer, a parent could set up a profile for their child with limitations and restrictions (similar to Valet Mode). Already through the amazing app, you can see the location of your vehicle and I believe even the speed. Not to sound too "big brother-ish" but I think it would be great if Tesla owners could have even more control of their vehicle (excluding autopilot of course :) ).

This can be applied to all models but maybe it would be more relevant with the Model 3.

Let me know what you think.

2. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    I certainly hope that more configurable options can be applied to all the Teslas... It's been requested for a while.

3. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    They have a pretty comprehensive idea of driver profiles today. There are things missing and this concept of different classes of user is missing too. I don't think it would be too hard for them to add this sort of stuff given what they already have.