Software update V9 questions

Discussion in 'Model S' started by whitgallman, Oct 10, 2018.

1. whitgallman

whitgallman New Member

The new software has the radio/audio screen come up every time you start the car. I know, it's easy to just swipe the screen down twice. But I don't listen to the radio at all.
    How can I keep the radio/audio page from coming up at all?
    I'm sure that one of you has resolved this.
    Thanks!
    Whit

2. Tesloud

Tesloud New Member

Same here. in my case it pops up while driving constantly. The only "workaround" is to keep the rearview camera view on at all times. I am open for suggestions.

3. Milan B

Milan B Member

another gripe. i was able to turn the AC off and still have the fan on Auto. however i do not see a way to do that now.

4. shaun5

shaun5 New Member

I have the same issue with the music app. I never use it and don't ever need it. I hate having to change it every time I get into the car. It's like your computer changing your desktop every time you log in.

5. David C

David C New Member

I dislike this too. I have a standard configuration of the screen that I like and I hate the fact that I have to reconfigure every time I get in the car. I also dislike having to push two buttons to get to an app. That was a poorly thought out concept.

6. dfour14

dfour14 New Member

Post V9, I no longer have AM Radio. It is odd as my co0worker with a Model S has AM, FM and SXM but in my Audio pane, I only have teh last two. Any ideas?

7. Milan B

Milan B Member

i still have AM radio. i checked that yesterday. please take another look.

8. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    You also can't enter screen clean mode unless you're in park now. Used to be able to do it while driving. Perhaps on the 3 there's some safety reason for it, but on my Model S there's no reason I shouldnt be able to do it as I could for the last 4.5 years.

9. GreatDane123

GreatDane123 New Member

I have the same radio pop issue/irritation but I most dislike the removal of GREEN roads in the GPS traffic app. Removing these to only show yellow, orange, red, dark red roads has made it much harder to quickly glance where traffic is flowing. Overall seems like much of it has just rearranged buttons, but I like the share address from my phone and the new "blind spot" indication in the dash (although it has some bugs).