Reservation = Refundable Deposit?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RFP, Aug 8, 2017.

1. RFP

RFP New Member

Hello again........... In reading the reservation agreement it never says that unless cancelled/refunded the $1K is credited to the sales price. Is this an unnecessary concern? Thanks, Ron

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

I don't think so, Ron. There was never any doubt in my mind that the 1k will be treated as a first deposit, to be followed by an additional one ($5k I believe) at the time you morph the reservation to an order...
    Trust Model S/X owners can confirm this from their experience, albeit with a higher reservation amount....

3. RFP

RFP New Member

Michael,
    Thank you for the speedy and good reply! Ron

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

You are welcome, Ron!
    And, now, even better, the evidence! :)

5. RFP

RFP New Member

Michael,
    Aha ! all is well............. Do you want to try my 2nd question? Although in the configurator it shows aero and sport wheels for 18" and the same for 19" is this an error as I kind of think it's Aero 18" no charge or Sport 19" $1500. Other than the fact that I'm just guessing that Sport will be the higher demand $1500 sounds expensive but look real nice. Again, thanks............Ron

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Ron, will be a tad less affirmative on this one...
    ;)
    My understanding is the following. At no extra cost, i.e. part of the base, you get 18' wheels that look like what I posted here (cf. posts #44 & 49)
    https://forums.teslarati.com/threads/tesla-model-3-sightings-spy-shots.828/page-3, with removable aero covers of debatable aesthetics (you either love them or you hate them... for full disclosure, I'm in the latter category... ;))
    If, like me, you don't like either then aero covers or the base wheels, you can elect to go for the 19'' 'sports' design... Some have implied that even then you'd get the fugly aero covers in 19'' for free as part of the package (presumably to gain a couple of extra miles of range...). I am not sure about that as Incan't say that I've read that anywhere for a fact, and, even if true, I wouldn't use them...

To conclude, the way I look at it, you have to make your choice on how you feel about the 18'' (V-spoked) wheels rather than on the aeros since you apparently can drive with or without these...
    $1,500 is not for free yet certainly beats the extra cost of larger wheels on S/X!! This is probably the most I'd pay to get wheels that are to aesthetically pleasing enough not to ruin the otherwise gorgeous exterior design, IHMO... :)