Purchasing a Model 3 order: How will it work?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by gargos15, Apr 15, 2017.

1. gargos15

gargos15 New Member

So we've all put down a measly $1k on our Model 3 reservations.

But eventually, the actual POs will be opened. Will everybody who has reservations get their order page at the same time, or will it be rolled out to say, the next 5,000 customers in the queue, at a time?

When making the PO, are we fronting the entire 35 - 50+k at once, or will there be another small good faith payment, and if so, when is the whole car price due (at delivery?).

Do we expect that POs will be opened in July along with the design studio?

I figured you current S and X owners could help inform me of this. Thanks.

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome, @gargos15 !
    Here is I believe a relevant video from the Model3OwnersClub YouTube channel which should give you a good first response ahead of other builds by current Model S/X owners & members of this forum...
    Be sure to subscribe to the channel if you have not already - lots & lots of great, mostly Model ≡-dedicated fresh news! Great complement to the also very valuable Teslarati sources! :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

"Hi to all, Dutch and European readers.
    In regards to purchasing......price and ordering (options).
    For what its worth?????!!!!!!. Today I saw the new pricing of the model S 75 and 75 D in dollars and in Euro's. Now really, for what it's worth.....................the price difference in numbers is around 15.000 comparing the American Tesla-site and the Dutch site . A base model S 75D costs in dollars 74.+K in Euro's it costs 90.600.

Is this difference something we can expect with the model 3 as well? Then a base model 3 will costs for Europe or at least in The Netherlands around Euro 50.000. It is highly speculative, but can this be real?

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hi @Mergoscia , I have run some numbers and published on M3OC that with this reference and proportionally speaking we could expect a base price for Model ≡ around €42k, at the current exchange rate & including VAT... This by the way would put it smack around the list price of a 330i Beemer... ;)
    Now, as for options, whichever are available, we typically expect ~70% of the comparable price asked on a Model S. Yet this is pure speculation thus to be taken with a solid grain of salt! :)

5. EVFreak

EVFreak New Member

#5 EVFreak, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    I can't speak for the design studio availability vs place in line, but for the actual vehicle order and purchase, there is a $2500 deposit that will become non-refundable after 7-days of submitting the order. This is also apparently when no more configuration changes can be made to the vehicle you order. The balance of the total amount is due on delivery of the vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

I can fully understand this.

7. Sean McGuire

Sean McGuire New Member

Excellent Vid, thank you. I'm slowly going through the decision process of to buy or not to buy. I'll be looking at the total cost of ownership over a 3 yr period, for the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

To buy or not to buy = to be or not to be = I live or I live not = I am or I do not exist = I am in or I am exit = The world is in or the environment is exit