Painted 19" grey slipstream wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by srakkar, Oct 7, 2017.

1. srakkar

srakkar New Member

I just got my 19" slipstream silver wheels painted the grey color that Tesla has come out with. Also got the calipers painted the tesla red color. I was struggling over the last few weeks if I should get it done or not as I couldn't really find any pics of the 19" grey slipstream wheels on a model S on the internet. Was going to buy a set of aftermarket wheels but the weather will be changing now so I will hold off. One question I had about after market wheels is if any one knows how does the ride get affected. Is there a big change. I know the profile of the tires will make a difference but just wanted to hear from other people.
    20170805_162046.jpg DSC03900.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. patrick40363

patrick40363 New Member

Looks good.

3. gene

gene Moderator

That looks amazing! Nicely done.

4. JDWalburg

JDWalburg New Member

No stencil on the back caliper and chrome lugs? Curious if you chose to do that way, or if you didn't have any input and that's the way it came back different than what you were expecting?

5. srakkar

srakkar New Member

All four calipers are stenciled. You just can't see it in the picture. I guess because of the position of the wheel. Never thought about getting the lug nuts painted. Since you have mentioned it I will ask to see if they have done it before.

6. thomasesawyer

thomasesawyer New Member

Tesla sells the dark grey lug nuts. $.25 each.