Oxnard Supercharger

Discussion in 'California' started by Dennis, May 18, 2017.

1. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

These chargers are hard to find with the Navigation. It's along the outer edge on the East Parking Lot across H&M and REI.

Location Detail: Oxnard Supercharger

2. J D Gaines

J D Gaines New Member

Agree with difficulty in locating this supercharger station. I was the only car there and the charge rate was only 150 miles per hour of charging. This seems awful slow to me. As it is the first time I used a supercharger in my new Tesla, I was wondering if this was just an older charger and that others might have faster results?

3. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    How full was the charge in your car? Were you splitting stalls? (As in were you in an A stall and someone on a B stall with the same number)... Those factors affect speed of charge.

4. J D Gaines

J D Gaines New Member

I was only one there. My charge was 2/3 full and only needed 100 miles

5. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    Then the speed of refill was fine...

The speed of charge slows down as you get closer to full... the specs for supercharging is 80% full in 30 minutes...

6. SparkJoyLA

SparkJoyLA New Member

I charge here often and there is one charger that is ridiculously slow- the others charge at decent rates that I've experienced. They added 10 more stalls and they seem good. I don't know the number of the bad charger but I'll take note next time I'm there and post it. One time a lady started using that charger and asked me if they were all that slow- it was like 83 mi/hr and I told her no, that was a slow one and she switched chargers and was like - oh much better thank you"

7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Welcome to the forum, happy to see you share your experience as current T≡SLA owner to all of us currently only reservation holders & aspirational owners ! ;)
    Am curious, is this something you've had at several Superchargers, that one stall or two are less effective than the others, or just there?
    Have a nice day!

8. Michael Gustafson

Michael Gustafson New Member

Supercharger 3A is not at full charging capability, charged for me at only 39-40kW.