Ontario (Canada) Superchargers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tesla Addict, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Just thought I'd start this thread for us Ontarians in the forum... If there are any of you out there :)

We could use this space to talk about current, future and rumoured/wanted Supercharger locations and what surrounds them.

Feel free to share any insider info you might have or any locations you would like to see a couple stations at.

For starters, I hope to see Superchargers in Ottawa! On Tesla's website, it shows one that is supposed to open in 2017... Let's hope...

2. patch

patch New Member

Hi Tesla addict,

Well there's two of us anyway!

I would also love to see a supercharger in Ottawa. I stay in Pembroke and can just manage a return trip to Ottawa but its tight. Only other access is the destination chargers but there are only two of them in Ottawa. If others want to use HWY17 (the trans Canadian) then many people North East of Ottawa must be stranded in Canada because they can't get to the US border without an overnight and 6 hours on a destination charger that they can't bank on. Come on Tesla! How about a supercharger in Canada's capital city.

Patch

3. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Hey Patch!

Yeah, I'm surprised there is nothing in our beautiful nation's capital (yet). However, according to the Tesla Supercharger map for 2017, there should be some in the Ottawa/Gatineau area... There was also a rumor about a gallery opening downtown but I haven't heard anything else than that.
    I'm sure with the Model 3, Canada will have more and more Service Centers, galleries and Superchargers. Can't wait!!

Max

4. xspace

xspace New Member

I just ordered a Model X, for June delivery. I'm all for an Ottawa supercharger.

5. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Congrats on the order and I hope you enjoy it! But yeah, Tesla owners would greatly benefit from a Supercharger in Ottawa.

6. xspace

xspace New Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. xspace

xspace New Member

I'm very happy that there's a Kingston supercharging, although realistically, I'll likely seldom use it, as our vehicle does not include free supercharging (I believe it will be $0.12/kwh). Our home charging will be lower cost ($0.078/kwh). Have you read that Tesla is shifting towards pushing destination charging over supercharging? With the influx of Model 3 owners, of which there will undoubtedly large numbers, Tesla ostensibly has concluded that predominant reliance on Superchargers is not the best way forward.

8. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Yeah I don't blame you for using your home charger more often than a Supercharger. To be fair, they're intended for long range trips, not everyday use...

But yes I heard that! They're supposed to quadruple their Destination Chargers to 15,000 and double Superchargers to 7,000 by the end of 2017. I think that announcement was made last March during the Model 3 unveil.

9. patch

patch New Member

Don't know whether this is new info or I am slow to pick it up but if you check the 2017 supercharger map for Canada you may well be in for a pleasant surprise. A whole bunch are to be installed , those effecting me are Ottawa, Renfrew and North Bay. The one in Ottawa in particular interest me , it's on the wrong side for me but that is minor , at least it's getting one - new ones in Montreal as well!

Check your areas guys - Tesla may have a surprise for you!!

Patch

10. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Absolutely Patch! And it says by the end of 2017... Hopefully they accomplish that :)

11. J.Taylor

J.Taylor Active Member

I also want to see a Tesla supercharger in Ottawa, preferably with a sales/service/supercharger location just south of Ottawa off the 417. Ottawa has a lot of high level jobs and should be quite a market for TESLA if the infrastructure was available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hope they read us here, John... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lester Greenberg

Lester Greenberg New Member

Hello Toronto area Tesla Owners!

My name is Lester Greenberg and I am a researcher based in Vermont on the Québec border.

I will be in Toronto on Monday doing interviews and wanted to ask you if you or any other Tesla owners you know who would be interested in participating in an hour long interview for which you would be sent a check for $225. I would like to interview you in the home or at your job as long as that is where you have a charger installed as I am very interested in how people set up their charger stations. I am interested in your opinions and experiences of Tesla and electric vehicles in general and what you see for the future including the issues you face with regards to superchargers in Canada. I have done some of this in the US but since I am fond of my neighbors to the North, I wanted to get some feedback from you as well.

I am currently available to schedule for any time up to 6pm.

I appreciate your time and any help you can give me.

14. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Lester, bringing this to @TrevP 's attention since he lives up there. Trev is the founder of the Model3OwnersClub you may be familiar with.
    Cheers, Mike
    (P.S. you may want to leave him your details in pm)

15. Lester Greenberg

Lester Greenberg New Member

Michael,

Thank you so much for the reply. I was not sure what the best way was to do this and respect forum rules. i will PM Trev right now.

Cheers . -Lester

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tesla Addict

Tesla Addict Member

Maybe you guys havent heard but there are 8 new Tesla Superchargers (72kw) in P3 of the Rideau Center. Parking fees apply. Great news!! And Gatineau is supposed to get some as well.