New Model 3? Or Recycled Model S/X

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Tesla Addict, May 21, 2016.

1. I love what Tesla did with the Model S and X. In a way, it's the same car only bigger. Almost all options seen with the S is also available with the X (Dual motor, Ludacris, paint, interior, etc.)

Will Tesla incorporate new options for the Model 3? Possibly new colours, new interior trims, new features? I won't mind if Tesla "plays it safe" and doesn't release anything out of the ordinary with the 3. I won't be bummed if it's literally a smaller S or X (excluding aesthetics of course).

From the unveiling event, we saw new wheels and a few new colors (the matte black and the brighter looking red). I would like to see what Tesla keeps from the previous Models and what they will add to the upcoming one.

What are your thoughts?

2. There's little doubt that the Model 3 will have exclusive and purpose built features that weren't part of its older siblings. For one, everyone saw the redesigned dashboard which had nothing on it but a landscape mounted center command center. This has led many to speculate that Tesla will introduce a HUD with the Model (great article on seeking alpha recently about it). The Model 3 will also likely be more of a transportation device than a "driver's car" especially if it is to launch it with its next generation Autopilot system.

I think its autonomous capabilities will be the real standout items that sets it apart from the Model S and Model X.

Tesla Addict likes this.
  3. I don't know, I would think that the autonomous features on the S and X would at least be equal to the 3... (future versions of S and X, not current.)

However if the car isn't "as fun to drive" as the S and/or the X, then folks would more than likely let the car drive itself.

4. The matte paint is another exclusive. I guess so is a real trunk vs hatch.