Model Y features

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Austinthemighty, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Guess I got confused since you started talking about a $40-50k range as your wish price for Model Y... How much will a SR (not LRB) base Model 3 cost in Canada?
    My premise of a premium of $5-15k vs the 3 was meant in US$... for clarity.... ;)

2. Judy Garfin

Judy Garfin New Member

I realized that...not sure how much the 3 is in Canadian dollars but would speculate that it is closer to the $40000 to $45000 range here. Our dollar is around .79 US.

3. Judy Garfin

Judy Garfin New Member

So today $35,000 US translates into $43,618.40 Canadian....$45,000 US is $55 929,60, so hefty, but with rebates and gas savings, not to mention participation in a revolution to go electric, it seems fair. I just don’t think that the Tesla Y is going to go down the road of rugged and sporty...at the moment, the concept seems to be elegant and conservative. May have to wait for a Z...as in buzzed and zippy..a small truck-like suv for those of us who want access to wilderness:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Well, you’ll have to be patient anyways. Good news is it gives you time to save...
    One other thing to consider is, being in Canada, you could certainly benefit from the LRB to better deal with (winter frequent) colder temperatures... based on Model 3, that’s another 9 grand (US) yet, IMHO, we’ll worth the extra range and faster SC speed. :)

5. Judy Garfin

Judy Garfin New Member

i'm afraid i am an suv girl....will have to wait it out. :cool:

• Like Like x 1