Model X without falcon doors optional

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Matt Phares, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Matt Phares

Matt Phares New Member

I'm a happy Model S owner and have been waiting to also purchase a Model X, but this will never happen unless they give the consumer an option to replace the falcon doors with two sliding minivan type of doors or even regular doors.

I looked at at used 2016 Model X in 2016 (which screams unhappy customer) and one of the falcon doors wouldn't close all the way. How can a company expect someone to shell out over 100K on a car that has such fundamental problems.

The first time I watched the unveiling of the Model X, I thought the demonstration Elon did regarding fitting between two tightly parked cars was unrealistic. A sliding minivan door may take up some room when trying to fit between two car when looking at the problem from the back, BUT you could walk up to the cars from the front and get in. This "potential" benefit of the falcon doors is meaningless now with the summon feature. Why even try to fit between two cars regardless of the type of doors used when the car can back itself up and pick up the passengers?

I purchased my Tesla and invested in the stock purely for environmental reasons, not because I'm a car enthusiast. Cars are a depreciating asset. The only reason I didn't purchase the Leaf was the poor range.

I would like a 3 row fully electric vehicle with simple mechanical non-motorized doors. If Tesla won't build one then I'll wait for another company to do it. There are plenty now entering the fully electric car space.

2. Jan Kjetil Andersen

Jan Kjetil Andersen New Member

I agree that a simple electric car with long range, ordinary non-motorized doors, ordinary handles and ordinary acceleration would be a good alternative.

Here in Europe many would also prefer a more compact car. To park a car of Tesla size in European parking garages is a nightmare.