Model 3 Deliveries in Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Paul Gantois, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Paul Gantois

Paul Gantois New Member

Hi everybody,
    just wondering what do we really know about Model 3 timing of deliveries for Europe. According to model3counter.com, my own reservation (from September 15 2016) is number 354.759 and shall be delivered in October 2018. This is 15 months after California (July 2017). Is this a realistic estimate? Txs! Paul

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Paul Gantois

Paul Gantois New Member

Update from July 1 2017: I am now number 324.759 and shall get my Model 3 by September 2018.

3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hi Paul, first of all: welkom! ;)

This is interesting yet somewhat surprising to me, for a couple of reasons.
    • First, this would suggest this website has a way to publicly release your exact position in line, which I don't remember reading anywhere in the last almost 9 months of my (frantic!) internet activity focused on Model ≡
    • Assuming this were reliable, as I don't know for a fact that it isn't, this would mean a decrease of total reservations between the last official number of 373k in May 2016, and a further close to 10% between the two times you checked the site (354k down to 324k); not impossible yet a bit strange, IMHO
    • The above needs to be put in perspective to Elon's statement late October they were essentially sold out through the end of 2018; this matches my hypothesis (nothing else, I will admit...), that they had about 500k at the the time (considering T≡SLA - maybe optimistic yet targeted - projections of up to 100k this year & 400k in 2018); I reserved on 10/10 and at the time the model3counter.com was showing me just under 500k...
    Anyways, all that to say none of us know exactly what will happen at this point, yet, if I were in your shoes, I would not expect my car to be delivered much before Jan. 19 (for me I expect 03/19), or late 4Q18. Obviously, I hope you are right and I am wrong! :D

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

@Paul Gantois , just went ahead and checked my data:

IMG_4118.PNG
    Though this is based on my first reservation date of Oct. 1 (cancelled thereafter, then reentered 9 days later), I do see a significant difference between the 2 algorithms!

Note my original position @ 498k, which is exactly what I remembered & stated above. Strangely though, at the time (mid-October), they were giving me an est. delivery date of March 2019 (not August 2020?!),
    more or less confirmed recently by another unofficial calculator/estimator (check this thread in case you did not see it:
    https://forums.teslarati.com/thread...-model-3-teslanomics-built-a-calculator.3876/) relayed by @Ben Sullins from Teslanomics...).

IMG_4105.PNG

Yet, similar to you, with a reservation date a few weeks later, I now also see Sept. 2018 delivery date on model3counter.com!

This does not change some of my previous points. I think we need to take this particular counter with a heavy grain of salt, and, though he took a lot of (unnecessary & somewhat uncalled for) flak for this, I would tend to rely more on Ben than on the other...

My 5 cents... ;)

5. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Here is a short video (sorry, in French) on the Model ≡ on display at the Paris Auto Show. Clearly the enthusiasm is high and we can expect a huge boost on sales when deliveries are possible! Still expect these to start some time in 1H19 with euro prices still unknown at this stage. Note that there are currently over 450 T≡SLA Superchargers in Europe with more than 60 in France. Remains a major competitive advantage!