M3 Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by imcrobie, Aug 10, 2017.

1. imcrobie

imcrobie New Member

On July 28 there were about 30 M3's handed over to staff and early investors and that these people appear to be signed up to NDAs about the vehicles.

At that time the general public was advised that in the next month (August) there would be a production rate of approx 120 vehicles.

Are these vehicles going to be dribbled out to their new owners as they get build or is there going to be another end of month handover. I ask because there appears to be dearth of information from the company and current vehicle owners.

And I guess the next question is when does a genuine customer (one with no ties to the company) get the first vehicle.

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

In view of the premised number of T≡SLA & Space employees with Model 3 reservations between 5-6k and 15k (probably towards the lower end of that range), with announced cumulative production of ~2k by end Sept. (Elon said 30 in July - they did 50; 100 in August - a VIN #102 has been reported at Fremont; 1.5k in Sept.), one could expect first deliveries to the 'general' public to begin some time late October or early November if they start ramping up nicely as of 4Q...

'Hell hopefully to freeze over' by YE17 as 'Winter has come'... :D

3. EV Tech Explained

EV Tech Explained New Member

Very sound logic!

• Like Like x 1
  4. imcrobie

imcrobie New Member

Are they delivering the vehicles as they produce them (so that there are more and more on the road) or are they releasing them at the end of the month? Because given that we are almost half way through the month you would expect that Tesla would have produced roughly half of the August number by now and more importantly be starting to improve on the production numbers as they start to scale.

5. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

First of all, welcome to the forum, dear Kiwi friend! :)
    In truth we don't know... S & X owners here like @Dennis or @Teslaliving can probably.
    IMHO, at this point after the 7/28 delivery event... see no reason why they would wait until month end... We (you Californians that is ! :D) are likely to see more and more on streets & highways!
    Keep your eyes open... (@Teslaliving , how about a special 'Highest Production Vin Seen' thread for this purpose here too! ;))

6. imcrobie

imcrobie New Member

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    From my perspective I'm sitting here in Auckland with the prospect of a very long wait as we are right hand drive and therefore the last of the release vehicles. I'm just hoping that by the time I get to confirm my order I have available all the options and maybe even better battery life.
    But in the meantime watching with interest.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellimb

Ellimb New Member

Melbourne here, est d date early 2019. booked 1 April 2016. No this is not an Apr. fool joke ! What does early 2019 means ? March ?

8. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Hello @Ellimb from Melbourne, glad to have you here! This is a lot more fun if we're joined by T≡SLA enthusiasts from all over the world providing a truly global perspective!! :)
    'Early 2019' means 'we don't have a clue, but you are in a RHD market so we'll give you the latest estimated time window around'...
    It is like the 'late 2018' indication given to us Europeans, almost irrespective of res date...
    Realistically, I try not to expect anything more precise before mid-2018.... Imagine we need to wait that additional 12 months at least to see how successful the Model 3 ramp-up will be, key being when do they hit the ultimate 10k/week rate...

Let's continue to enjoy life in the meantime... ;)

9. Ellimb

Ellimb New Member

Hi Michael
    tweeted Elon for discount if M3 buyer change to a MX or MS for rhd countries. Surely it is a good idea to convert M£ buyers to the other models !

10. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)