KmanAuto's Tesla Videos - 1-5 Videos Posted Weekly!

Discussion in 'Media' started by KmanAuto, Jan 31, 2017.

1. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

On my family's annual road trip to Train Mountain ( www.TMRR.org ) in Klamath County, Oregon (Just South of Creator Lake), us Mid-Westerners got treated to what a Forest Fire can do, and I'm not talking about just the fire, I'm talking about Just the Smoke! This literally looked like a smoggy day in Beijing! (Though the wife said it's not as bad as some days in Beijing). This was still amazing to me. Terrible, but amazing, as I've never seen the likes of this in the good old USA.
    If anything, Please let this be a warning to not toss cigarette butts out the car window, make sure your camp fires are under control and fully extinguished when done.

Photos at the beginning were the day after, with the Wind blowing the opposite way. Both "Local" and California Wildfires contributed to the smoke. It was all on the News Reports. Smoke blowing up from California, and also blowing from the west.

Live wildfire and forest fire updates would have been appreciated. As a Tourist, We had no idea what was going on and couldn't get a straight answer. And since we were CAMPING in a FOREST, it was quite concerning.

2. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

A just in case type of thing to keep in mind. Will you need this info? Doubt it, but, if/when you do, it's great to know!
    Keep in mind, 2012, 2013 and some 2014 Tesla vehicles do NOT have the emergency release lever!!!

3. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Viewer has recently asked me, if I have ever had a Touchscreen failure, and what are the biggest causes of a touchscreen (MCU) failure. So I go over some. Ramble on a bit as usual, but I did keep the video under 12 minutes.

4. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Not too successful of a charge. Car WOULD NOT charge to 100%!!! At time of filming, had just gotten car back from Service. It was in at Tesla Service for two weeks while the service center was waiting and waiting and waiting for parts from Tesla Warehouse.
    When dropped off at service, arrived with about 10 miles power left. After test runs to show the issues, had about 3 left. Car sat in back lot, while parts were being waited for. I believe sitting at this Low State of Charge for a extended period of time caused the massive pack imbalance.
    Problem is, when the battery is very low, the car stops certain maintenance procedures in order to preserve battery life. Since balancing the pack USES power (Bleeds power off via resistors from the bricks of cells that are higher voltage to bring them closer and equalize with the lower voltage cells) it would be bad to do this on a low pack.
    To fix this, regular charging and a couple 100% charges for good measure. The car does most of the balancing while plugged in and at higher state of charge. You will see this improvement in future range videos. Though, not by much. The degradation monster has hit, I will never see anything higher then 272 rated miles again, unless I get a new battery pack.

5. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

AUDIO FIXED! MCU Failure Prevention Video

6. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Similar Temps, and balance. It went to 100% this time. Gained a some range back. Strange how it would not let me get to 100% last time around though...

7. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

If you live in, or have driven your Electric Vehicle/Tesla to a cold climate, At some point, you may have seen the dreaded "Snowflake" on your battery meter, or even had reduced/no regeneration/regenerative breaking, and also reduced acceleration of your vehicle. Many people are confused as to why this happens. I do my best in this video to explain it as simply as possible along with battery management system ( BMS ) data.
    I use Tesla Spy to take a peek at the Tesla Model S Battery Management System (BMS) to give you a more detailed look at what is going on and how the car mitigates the Cold Battery problem!

8. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Part 1: What can you do to INCREASE RANGE before your Drive.
    -Vehicle Weight
    -Tire Pressure
    -Speeds
    -Drafting
    -Air Conditioning Usage
    -Heat Usage
    -Range Mode
    -Ride Height
    -Towing (Drag & Weight)
    -Tire Sizes (19's, 21's/20's, 23's)
    -100% Charging Good/Bad

9. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Part 2 Section 1: Running Low on Charge
    -SLOW DOWN
    -Un-Necessaries
    -Drafting
    -World Beyond Tesla Superchargers
    -More time charging

Part 2 Section 2: Must Have Charging Adapters
    -UMC
    -NEMA 5-20
    -NEMA 6-20
    -NEMA 14-30
    -CHAdeMO Adapter
    -J1772
    -NEMA 14-50
    -Home Made's

Part 2 Section 3: Towing Trailers with a Electric Vehicle
    -SLOW DOWN
    -Weight Limits
    -Drag or Weight, which Reduces More Range
    -Minimum Range Losses

10. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Part 3 Section 1: Plan Ahead! (Road Tripping, Distance or Poor Weather)
    -Use Tesla Nav
    -Get Third Party Apps
    -Join Third Party Charging Networks
    -Contact your Destination
    -Suggest Destination Chargers
    -Extension Cords

Part 3 Section 2: Home Charging
    -Recommended Outlet
    -HPWC
    -Single VS Dual Charger (Old Style Chargers Early 2016 and older)
    -Standard (Slow) VS Fast Charger (Q2 of 2016 and later)

Part 3 Section 3: Superchargers
    -Best charging Source
    -Ideals of Use

11. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

1: Semi Truck Event
    2: Thank you Shout Out!
    3: Into to EV Series
    4: Tesla makes aquision
    5: Tesla head battery engineer gone
    6: Production line leaks.

12. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Pleasant Prairie Supercharger seems to be the go to place to see all the Cool New Tesla's, due to it's crazy Tesla Traffic. This was also the location I saw my first Tesla Model X in person! While this isn't my First Tesla Model 3 in person, it's the first one I've had the luxury to get up close and personal in enough light to actually see anything! The Model 3 Delivery Event, Tesla was still very secretive and would not let us YouTubers film anything juicy.

So enjoy! Walk around, some thoughts, then the owner returned, and we got to see the Charge port function, and it's cool lighted "T" and then door handle, and a great trunk shot.

Enjoy!!!This is one Beautiful Looking Car!!!

13. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Just a little video explaining the basic function of the Tesla Model S, Model 3 and Model X Battery Pack heater. Also explain the temperature cut off's, when it comes on and when it turns off, how you can turn it off/down in some cases. When best to use it. How the car overrides your settings during charging.

14. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Now that the Semi event is over, and I finally made it home (After being Bumped from 8 flights), I've finally compiled the information you have been looking for! Stop trying to find it elsewhere. Kman exercised his Ninja Fishing Skills for some things (Fishing for Information) and I got exactly what I was looking for!!!
    Video is a little long at 26 minutes, and may be hard to sit through but it's well worth it!
    Topics Covered:
    1: Mega Charger Charge Rates
    2: Battery Voltages of the Tesla Electric Semi Truck
    3: Charge Port
    4: Drive Units & Differentials
    5: Gear Ratios are 100% KNOWN
    6: Drive Units Per Axle
    7: More then Two Semi's Built
    8: Number of Drive Units and Revisions
    9: AP Cameras
    10: Potential Lidar?
    11: 360* Camera System
    12: HOW MUCH THE SEMI COSTS! Info from PEOPLE PURCHASING THE SEMI!
    13: Semi will be able to use existing Supercharger network in emergency
    14: Battery Size
    15: Cell Size Possiabilities
    16: Cooling of the Systems