KmanAuto's Tesla Videos - 1-5 Videos Posted Weekly!

Discussion in 'Media' started by KmanAuto, Jan 31, 2017.

1. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

1: Musk Released Boring Company and Videos
    2: Model 3's EVERYWHERE!
    3: Klaus Grohmann VS Elon Musk
    4: Model 3 Spotted on Fremont Track
    5: Consumer Reports OTA Update a No GO
    6: Solar roofs available 2017
    7: Ahuja Deepak returns to Tesla
    8: Stock Sorters out a ton of $$$
    9: Major Semi Manufacturers Downgraded
    10: Model 3 July Production
    11: Tesla Semi's to use Model 3 parts
    12: Model Y maybe 2019
    13: Model X 12 Passenger
    14: Gigafactory adding another section
    15: Tesla Builds own MobileEye in 6 months
    16: AP2.0 Speed increase
    17: Supercharger Rates Reduced
    18: New Easter Egg menu
    19: Dual Steering Wheel Model 3 Spotted
    20: Model 3 Reservations Climb

2. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

This is the fourth of Such Tests. Same road with similar road and weather conditions to attempt to recreate the same test. Test 1 was using Firmware 7.x, Test 2 was using initial Firmware 8 release, Test 3 was using Firmware 8 Final Release (Pre 8.1), and this, Test 4 is using Firmware 8.1 Initial Release.

KEEP IN MIND! This is a WORST CASE SCENARIO ROAD! Autopilot 1.0 was NOT DESIGNED FOR THIS! However, as it pushes it's capability to it's limits, it shows us how it can handle each situation, and where it's failure points are, and the changes in those failure points as Tesla Motors Changes and modifies the systems.

I will be making a 4 way split screen to show all 4 tests at the same time. Unfortunately, for the first two tests, I was unable to record the dash at the same time. I do have both the drive + dash in Final 8.0 and Initial 8.1 releases though and will have the dash in all future tests.

Findings, 8.1 was similar to Final 8.0. All 8.x Versions were worse then Firmware 7.x tests, with the vehicle requiring more driver intervention, and poorer job in general keeping in the lines.

Though, 7.x took longer to re-acquire lines after they were visually lost.

3. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Observations:
    I found Firmware 7.x, ALL 7.x Firmware that is, was the best
    for autopilot keeping in the lines, maintaining lines, and curves.
    7.x Also had less "ping pong" effect wondering back and fourth
    between the lines.
    Sadly, ALL the 8.x Firmware's behaved about the same in this
    test. Almost no difference between them. In fact, ALL 8.x
    versions are a regression of 7.x where 7.x had the above
    strength.
    All 8.x's required more driver intervention, and did a overall
    poorer job of keeping in the lines. My personal Opinion, is that
    Tesla's shift to relying on Radar more with the 8.x's, they are
    not using all available data from the camera as they once were.
    This is a sad regression, and real world autopilot use mirrors
    this. The major Advantage of 8.x though, is accident avoidance
    and pedestrian detection, which 7.x's lacked (See Trying to Kill Mike Videos).

4. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Did the best I could to show the sound of the Vacuum Pump, however, electrical feedback from the car masked the sound out.
    Classic Model S (Non-Autopilot Hardware) is not mechanically capable of infinite Hill Hold, why? Simple, instead of Electronically Actuated brakes (Electromechanical) the Classic S's have traditional Brake Booster and Vacuum Pump. As the Classic Model S vehicles were not originally designed for Hill Hold, it's amazing that over the air updates allowed us to get any kind of Hill Hold at all, even if only lasts 1-3 seconds.
    How it works? When you press the brake on the Classic S, the Vacuum assisted brakes will continue to hold. As this is happening, the Vacuum pump is working to keep the vacuum in the break booster, however, it is not a high enough volume pump to keep up with the Demand. As the Booster looses it's vacuum (And in turn, it's holding power), the Limited Hill Hold will release allowing the car to start rolling again.
    Use of Creep Mode can assist in prolonging the Hill Hold feature as well.

5. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

###Save $1000 off a Tesla AND get free Unlimited Supercharging by using my referral code: *************christopher5460 ###

Tesla has just changed the Referral Program, halfway through a EXISTING program!!! And BOY IS THIS ONE EXCITING!!! As it brings BACK Unlimited Supercharging for NEW PURCHASES!!!

Referral Program

Starting May 19, 2017, Tesla owners can give five friends free unlimited Supercharging and a $1,000 credit toward a new Model S or Model X with their personal referral code. Existing Tesla owners will also receive free unlimited Supercharging on any new Model S or Model X that they purchase - no referral required.

As a thank you, owners will be eligible to receive exclusive Referral Program awards, including:

1 Qualifying Referral: Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.

2 Qualifying Referrals: Early Access Token for Solar Roof
    Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.

3 Qualifying Referrals: 21” Arachnid Wheels
    Enhance the performance of your Model S with exclusive 21” forged-aluminum Arachnid wheels in silver. These are not available to the public and will be available for installation in August for winners in this program.

4 Qualifying Referrals: Founders Series Powerwall 2
    Store energy for future use and provide backup power with this red, limited-production Powerwall 2 home battery. This edition is not available to the public and will be available for installation starting Fall 2017 for winners in this program. Installation charges may apply.

5 Qualifying Referrals: Tesla Semi Truck Unveil Invitation
    Experience the official unveil of our semi truck this September. Your VIP invitation is valid for you and one guest.

Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X and Private SpaceX Tours
    Each qualifying referral gets you one entry into our Referral Program drawing. The next drawing will take place on June 30, 2017.

Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X + Private SpaceX Tour: One referrer will win a Ludicrous P100D Model S or Model X as well as a private tour for four of the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, including travel and accommodations. SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. SpaceX headquarters is not open to the public.
    SpaceX Tour: Five referrers will win a tour for four of the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, including travel and accommodations.
    Thank you for helping to accelerate our transition to sustainable energy.

6. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

June 2nd, 2017 was the day of the private VIP Tesla Factory Tour. Got to meet up with other YouTubers, such as the Endurance Driver, Carl Reese, whom he and I are making some plans for a surprise in July some time.
    That being said, here is a little Recap of the trip. Now, Tesla was VERY STRICT (Usually they are a bit flexible on this) about NO Cameras, Filming or Photos during this event. And if we even took out our phones, they would confiscate them and go through our pictures..... I was being particularly watched... So no video or photos of the tour, and NDA prohibits me from talking about some things as well. So at the end, the recap with me and Gerry will be some things that we CAN discuss.

All and all, this being my first Factory Tour, I was Insanely impressed with Tesla, the Safety standards they hold, Overall Cleanliness of the factory, and the great way they Treat the employees! (Of course, this is from my outside view of the company and what I observed).

While I was not able to film or record Franz's Q&A session, I did write a transcript, and will be making a video going over his Q&A. Got to love Pen & Paper! So reliable! Yet my handwriting is MESSY, so I need to go over it all again.

7. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Finally, a nice and hot day. We're up to 276 Rated Miles on my 90 D. Pack is well balanced. Not much else to say.

8. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

As more Supercharger locations open, we will face just that many more locations where we may become "ICEd". What does that mean? Being ICEd is the act of a Internal Combustion Engine based vehicle, barking in a location Designated for a Electric Powered Vehicle (Usually, a Charging Station).
    Add in the Hundreds of Thousands of Model 3's that will be coming on the road, thus making Supercharging and other charging stations a premium parking location where every space is needed.

While this video is Tongue-in-Cheek, as it's not really "legal" to go randomly dragging peoples vehicles around, but this is in hopes to shed light and bring attention to the problem of ICEing, Hopefully we will see more cooperation from Non-EV's, and property owners to assist in keeping stations on their property free of Non-EV's

9. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Wisconsin Native, JB Straubel, Chief Technical Officer (CTO) and Co-Founder of Tesla bestowed his presence this year as Guest of Honor and Keynote speaker at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association's Annual Energy Fair (MREA). It was a Honor to meet JB in person, and listen to his Keynote.
    JB Covered the starting of Tesla, initial production, reductions of cost, all the way through to the Model 3, and scaling the Tech from the Model 3 up to work in the Tesla Semi. Following that, he speaks about needing the batteries to power these vehicles, thus comes the Gigafactory.
    JB Wraps up with Tesla Energy products. Bring of the Power Packs and showing a short video clip about the Tesla Power pack powering 20-30% of Hawaii, all the way to the Solar Roofs and home Power Wall's.

I hope you enjoyed this informative Keynote. Please excuse the wobbly video, I could not use Tripod, this was hand shot video. Also, I cleaned up the audio as best as possible. Extreme background noise, including the Bicycles and Bikers that were POWERING the stage!

CHEERS!

10. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

The Tesla Panel at the MREA (Midwest Renewable Energy Association). Covered some experiences, and took lots of questions. We accomplished much with the Q&A. Unfortunately, we had to condense as much as we could, as we were only given 50 minutes and we still ran over time.
    It was very very hot and humid in the Tent, so excuse the lack of concentration.
    We are going to try and book Two Hours of time for next year. It should prove more interesting with the Model 3 in production!

11. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Fair Warning, 24 minute long RANT taking apart Heather Knight's FUD Article about Tesla Autopilot killing bikers, without providing any real reasoning why, or any information to back up her claim. On top of that, her article/essay is filled with contradictions and assumptions.

While in general, a article like this should not warrant a response, her use of a Click Bait title; "Tesla Autopilot Review: Bikers will die" by "Heather Knight, Roboticist", prompted Major world wide News Coverage. Off course because it is Anti-Tesla. So as such, I decided not only to review her article, however, I Recruited my Side-Kick, Mike Anthony, yet again, do DISPROVE that Autopilot will Kill Bikers.

Without further Ado; Sit back and enjoy the Rant.

Link to Heather Knight's article:

12. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Prompted by a Article written by
    "Heather Knight", a Roboticist and
    researcher at Stanford University,
    Titled "Tesla Autopilot Review: Bikers
    will DIE" , Myself and my Trusty
    sidekick Mike, took it upon ourselves
    yet AGAIN to Test out Tesla Autopilot
    against a Real, Live, Human.
    Here are our Results...

13. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Tesla's not the first car to have Auto Park, But it's the first car that does it right! While I don't use auto-park often, I've used it around 60 times since taking delivery of my 90D with AP1.0
    Here are 25 instances of Auto-Park, played back at 2x normal speed. So far, I have not had a "Fail" at Auto-Park. I have had instances where I have stopped it early, due to the car being where I want it, other then that, it has worked Very Very well. This video spreads across Firmware 7, 8, and 8.1.

Coming Soon, 25 attempts at Auto-Parallel Parking.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Gained 1 mile of Rated Range. Added new category of Percent of original Range to help show difference between now and when vehicle was new.

15. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

MODEL 3 HAS STARTED PRODUCTION! So now a ongoing dilemma, which to choose? What are the major differences? Which might be a better option for me? So LETS DISCUSS!

16. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Today, I am covering, rather shortly in fact (As I could have gone on for a good solid 2-4 hours talking about my Tesla Experience), my experiences with Tesla since 2013. How Tesla has changed, how the cars have changed, supercharging, quality of the vehicles.

Watch to the end for some follow-behind drone shots!

17. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

From my 4 year review the Drone footage I posted at the beginning and end of the video generated requests for MORE follow behind drone footage. So I edited this together. I also have another copy coming with no edits, just music and drone footage.
    Enjoy.

18. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

Taking a Test Ride in a Tesla Model 3. Finally get to see the Production Fit and Finish, and ride quality. Low light conditions though. Overall, quite impressed. The quality "Feel" is actually better then my Model S. It is SOLID, Comfortable and includes design changes/features that SHOULD be present in the Model S but are not.

19. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

While they are not the latest and greatest Technology, they were the ORIGINAL which entered the Human Race into this new Era of Electric Transportation. But instead of being preserved, they are rotting.

20. KmanAuto

KmanAuto Member

Home Page:

While they are not the latest and greatest Technology, they were the ORIGINAL which entered the Human Race into this new Era of Electric Transportation. But instead of being preserved, they are rotting.