How would you handle?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Okie, May 16, 2017.

1. Okie

Okie New Member

A few months ago Tesla gave me a quote and then did not honor it (this is when they highly discounted cars and then changed their mind even though I had a dated quote good until xxx date). Now, I found a deal and was given a new quote which I accepted and paid my deposit - then I found out the car was in a accident but fixed to "new". Then, the quote which I was given on the new car was changed significantly. About a 100 dollar difference in price and the down is different by 2k (the quote did not include the transportation fee - which was not disclosed previously). Even if I pay the transportation fee, the price is about 100 more than quoted. I expected to pay a few incidental costs but not 2k and 100 more per month. Everyone of course is kind and nice but why is it that the customer always eats it with Tesla? The car was an amazing deal with the quote and is still a great deal with the new price but that 2k sure irks me.

2. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Its pretty normal for the price not to include the transportation fees. Generally you need to ask for the total price including all fees, shipping etc.

3. Okie

Okie New Member

I see your point, but even with the 2k you would think the payment wouldn't be off by 100 bucks. Moreover, I asked in my quote for what I would have to come up with at delivery and the 2k wasn't mentioned. Quote means quote - if they needed me to pay 2k extra they should have said - 5k down for the car, 2k more for delivery with a car payment of XXX per month. Not 4k at delivery after your 1k deposit and xxx per month. There were other minor nitpicks but I want the car regardless just don't like how I've been treated twice by tesla now in trying to purchase/lease a car. My previous interactions have been amazingly positive.