Headlights

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hpjul4, Jul 9, 2018.

1. hpjul4

hpjul4 New Member

I'm finding that the headlights are not lighting up the road adequately compared to other cars I have. The beams do not extend far enough. Anyone else feel the same way? Can low beams be adjusted?

2. Milan B

Milan B Member

With respect, i dont find this at all. this might be an item you have Tesla take a look at. Back many years ago, i remember service centers saying headlights should be changed every 4 years since they dim after time. I am not sure how that relates to newer cars. How old is your car? if it is "new" then by all means take it over to the shop and let them change out the bulbs.

3. hpjul4

hpjul4 New Member

Thanks Milan. My Tesla is 10 months old. I did call Tesla and they are going to send someone to my home. My understanding is that it is a simple matter to adjust low headlight range. I made another point and I wonder if you have knowledge of this problem. The blind spot indicator is the worst i have seen. It lets you know of an approaching car when it is alongside of you! Much to late to avoid an accident. Thanks

4. Milan B

Milan B Member

glad that Tesla is working with you on the headlights. i have found their service to be beyond excellent.
    with the blind spot indicator, you will find many people on here complaining about them. i do think they could be much better. there are many times that i have another car directly next to me and the indicators don't see it. the only real comment i have about it is that while these cars have autopilot we are still in charge. we still have to be in control of the car and therefore diligent about who and what is around us. not the best answer i know o_O