Had PW2 and far exceeding evpectations!!

Discussion in 'Powerwall' started by Richard Jones, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Richard Jones

Richard Jones New Member

we had our powerwall 2 installed just before Christmas and so far we are blown away.

Over the last few weeks we have been 80% indepedant of the grid despite us having record hot spells and using AC.

We live in Sydney and already had a 5kw solar system.

Australian energy prices are some of the highest in the world based on what we’ve seen the PW2 should pay for itself in around three years.

The app is great but it will be improved I hear.

It’s such a huge change that I think it will spawn it’s own eco system of compatible appliances and algorithms.

Be interested to swap tips with other Powerwall users.

• Like Like x 1
  2. haroldrbuster

haroldrbuster New Member

Did you buy your Powerwall directly from Tesla? Many people have been reporting that it is very difficult to get your hands on new Powerwalls as many are being taken up by larger battery projects.

3. Richard Jones

Richard Jones New Member

Yes we ordered directly through Tesla- we actually went into the Sydney CBD tesla showroom and ordered there. We tried ordering through a couple of local solar companies but they gave us the run around and could not specify a delivery date.

Our powrtwall actually came a lot sooner than expected too.

We’ve been really pleased with it but today we haven’t been able to use the tesla app as there is a connection error.

Tesla support weren’t very helpful and told us to wait 48 hours.

Anyone else with app connection problems with the powrtwall or far and any ideas how to solve it??

4. gene

gene Moderator

@haroldrbuster are you also on the market for a PW2 or did you happen to receive one already? Curious because I see you're in the Bay Area and would think they're more readily available there. I ask because I'll be moving up there in a couple of months and have plans to order two PW2s, as one of the first home investments.

5. Richard Jones

Richard Jones New Member

Our app is functioning again. Had a great email from support advising that drop
    Outs of up to 48 hours can happen and it’s nothing to be alarmed at.

It’s good to get reassurance as we are very new owners and don’t know the ropes yet.

But all good- I’d recommend a powerwall to anybody. It’s far far exceeding our expectations.

Also apparently an app update is coming- don’t know when but it’s been worked on