First sighting of a blue Tesla Model 3 testing on the freeway with Ludicrous chase car

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by gene, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#21 Mergoscia, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    That is not what I meant. But in the beginning Elon Musk did make comparisons between the model S and model 3. Just lately he says that the model 3 is not a smaller S and that there will be fewer options then the model S. (his statements are for protecting the production of the model S as he said so himself). Most people allready made their reservations before his revised pronouncements, thinking there would be a package of options coming along the orderproces. Next to that a lot of other people, holders of youtube-channels and model 3 sites at first gave the impression / the atmosphere model 3 is a great car comparible with the model S.
    So, I think it is not really fair to blame the reservation holders thinking the 3 would be a smaller model S.

But: Miauw says the cat. Here I AM....out of the bag. People want a more affordable Tesla, then the model S, Elon! But not a base model, as well, Mr. Musk.

By the way, I made a mistake. The data of Model3tracker.info shows it is not the Dutch, but the Danish who are willing to pay the most for the model 3 in average, namely 72K. The Dutch 64K. The number of Danish people who registered in Model3tracker.info is 25. The Dutch number is 109. In these numbers can be a differential of pricerange.
    What I know of the atmosphere here in The Netherlands is that the Dutch think a Tesla is (almost) a supercar and that model 3 will be no different, so that's why they want to spent more money on it. Tesla has a NAME and model 3 is worth that name.

2. Mark Schaffer

Mark Schaffer Member

Was it ever realistic to expect a base $35K vehicle to have the same options as a $60K+ vehicle?

3. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#23 Mergoscia, Apr 11, 2017
    As for last point. Yes, the very weak Euro is a point. Luckely my Chinese wife has some Yuan's still in Shanghai. So on holidays in october we have a bit of luck.
    For the other point ......of disappointment. I am as well a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), a part High Sensation Seeker (HSS), as somewhat more intelligent too. Therefore I tend to think along structuralized paths of communications and analyze more. HSP/HSS is in my situation lesser the nerves, but more the brains and the intuition by experiences. I see a line of policychange in Tesla towards the model 3.
    And what do you think about Paul Carter's quote: "Despite Tesla's efforts to "anti-sale" the Model 3" ? Miauw, says the cat.

4. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#24 Mergoscia, Apr 11, 2017
    No of course not. That as well I did not mean. Of course when you want a fully loaded version of the model 3, as lot of people thought would be possible (and were talking about, remember?) you have to pay more, a way lot more even. But people were prepared to pay that, including me! I was counting from Euro 63.000 to Euro 73.000. That was in the time that 1 Euro cost the US citizen 1,11884. So from US $ 70.487 to US$ 81.675 for a fully loaded car.

And what do you think about Paul Carter's quote: "Despite Tesla's efforts to "anti-sale" the Model 3" ?

But: "Miauw", says the cat. "Here I AM ....out of the bag". People want a more affordable Tesla, then the model S! But not just a base model, as well, Mr. Musk.

5. Hovscorpion12

Hovscorpion12 New Member

#25 Hovscorpion12, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Yes. The poll that I am running is initially based in the U.S. Over the years from the individuals I've come in contact with, be it collegues, friends, family or random conversations with strangers. when purchasing a vehicle, they placed their value on stability/longevity over anything else. Some prefer going off the base model AWD/FWD or RWD, manual or automatic and adding their options, while others would refer a higher base model with "exclusive features' and select there options from there. The best thing about Tesla (as of now) is that now matter if its the 60D or P100D/100D the only difference is the badge and the duel motor on P models. an excerpt from a couple of people "as long as it's an AWD powertrain, that's all I need".

6. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

#26 Mergoscia, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    My understanding was/ is that Americans value quality as the number 1 priority as well; more and more over time.. Certainly in some aspects of Life. Houses, HiFi sound systems or motorbikes are among them. I thought cars as well. Not everyone value quality in cars.... look at youtube posts from Russia.........

About the pricing and available options for the model 3 I pasted my following reaction from another post.

-AWD is important for me. Or I do feel it is important to me. Reason for that is safety, grip and stability in severe weather conditions and in upcoming accidents, where you have to manouvre quickly in a split second.(I had a few near (death) accidents with my motorbike, because other people were not paying any attention to traffic while they were driving. I only escaped the accidents by my own fast handling).
    -For that same reason a performance drive train, premium standard size wheels / trims and smart air suspension are important to me too.
    -For more safety EAP and FSD are must have's.
    -For range and severe winterconditions the biggest batterypack, Sub zero weather package are important for me.
    -For my own health, asthma and bronchitis (and the health of my wifey) I think a premium upgrade to Bio Defence air filtering mode is a must have.
    -For more energy saving and opening the car at all times (even with a flat battery) a solar roof is needed.
    -Interior I do not care to much, although I am a Vegan. So Vegan seats are a preference, but necessary no.
    -As long the car has a good indistructable paint I do not care. Preference on the model 3 is metallic Obsidian Black.
    -Although I am a serious Classical music lover, I do not need to listen to "First I look at the Purse" of the J. Geils (R.I.P) Band or to Bach through a Ultra High Fidelity sound system.
    -And for a future stand-in for Bjorn Nyland,(ha, ha if I only could) I do not need the tow hitch, but it is a preference to have one.
    -Different charger is not needed in Europe as far as I know.

As AWD is an option which I need, 8 other options are necessary as well. Other options are preferences; not must have's.

When AWD or a few important other options are deleted from the programm of model 3 I rather would wait a few more years. But I rather not want to wait longer then 2 years from now. I want to get the most money back for my present car and spent that to the model 3, as well.

7. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

May I suggest a word of caution against such generalizations... ;) Not all of Americans, Britons, Germans or any other Europeans or Asians are not all created equal... On this matter, IMHO, this is highly dependent on past experiences... and, of course, on the size & content of your wallet...

Also, just because you get your kicks from muscle cars or pick-ups (not to mention muscle pick-ups :p) does not necessarily you want them to be of superior quality...

Just saying...

Note from the writer: I am not American, currently Italian/Belgian and aspiring French! :)

8. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

About generalizations you are right, but as well.........there are tendencies in every population.......
    More Italian like beautiful clothes then any other population. More Belgians like cycling more then any other population. More Dutch like kale and sausage then any other population etc, etc.

9. Hovscorpion12

Hovscorpion12 New Member

To both Mergoscia and Michael Russo, remind me to never post without drinking coffee or early in the morning. I have completely re-written my post. to Mergoscia, the Bio Defence and Sub zero weather package I have no doubt will be added, however I don't think they will be priced the same as the S or X

Michael Russo and Mergoscia like this.
  10. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

What is wrong with drinking tea or nothing at all except water in the morning. After a couple of weeks without coffee your mind will be clear.

11. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Yep, agree with tendencies yet handle with care... :D
    LOL. I am the same when it comes to coffee. :) Thanks for editing yet be sure it was only intended as constructive & inclusive feedback...
    I strive for peace... alignment & Model ≡-loving... :D

12. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

@ Hovscorpion12 P100D You ludicrous forgot to underscore ha, ha in the post "Yes, the poll I am running......
    You should stop drinking coffee. Clears your head.

Understand, what I am writing is simply for making a joke, not for joking over you.

13. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Back to the OP, the Blue is my current favorite color choice for the 3. Tesla keeps killing colors I like. I'm hoping there are some other options when the 3 comes out, but if its the current lineup from the S/X and what we've seen on the 3 then blue it is.

14. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

I would like the "Midnight" Blue back in the options.

15. Hovscorpion12

Hovscorpion12 New Member

[​IMG]

They need to bring back the bronze!!. Absolutely stunning and unique. There is only one in my town. With the upgraded 2016-Preesent design with no nose as shown above. The brown/bronze can truly shine. However in all seriousness the blue is the best current color, second is the midnight silver.

16. Mergoscia

Mergoscia Member

Should be: Blue, Midnight blue, Midnight Silver, Midnight Bronze, Bronze, Obsidian Black and the other colors; all in Mettalic