Energy expert explains why Tesla and the electric car industry is here to stay

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Teslarati Bot, Mar 30, 2017.

1. JeffreyR

JeffreyR New Member

Home Page:
    Would love to see an article about how steam-based power plants waste energy to maintain minimum temperature when demand drops, and how distributed BEV storage converts that waste into useful energy. Thus adding to the benefits of BEVs.

2. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. vincent wolf

vincent wolf Member

#23 vincent wolf, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    I don't think you understood my message at all. The average American didn't go to college to study math, physics, etc and doesn't have the education to handle all those graphs for the most part. Which is sad because if they did they would know how critical EVs are to the future of mankind.

So instead of understanding those graphs they resort to social websites to learn about a subject which those websites SPECIALIZE in disinformation. Rarely are they accurate. Usually they are political. Almost always ambiguous.

It's just a sad fact of the Internet that it's NOT the information age but the DISINFORMATION age. Fake news is a topic of concern on the web right now and this is true for those going to social websites to get their information and make up their minds about a subject--like global warming. Why else would Trump so misunderstand the reality? He uses tweeter to learn most of his stuff for crying out loud!

Read anything with a grain of salt but if you want to understand critical topics you do need an education in the subject matter--not just an education which is generic. If won't help you understand Accounting if you don't have some education in it. Ditto Physics, etc, etc.

What's sad is that too often people like Trump make decisions based on false facts and inability to understand a scientific argument/theory/fact.

Not at all downplaying this informative article. Well written, backed up with facts. Just frustrated with how Americans by and large--probably not visitors to this website unless they are trolls--get their facts. From tabloids, to twitter, to facebook--they are all loaded with disinformation propagated by political factions.

My dad always said the Internet will be the death of us and I agree. Look how the Internet makes ISIS possible. Look how the Internet makes stealing a wealth of technology. etc., etc., etc.

4. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

#24 Michael Russo, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Thanks for clarifying,@vincent wolf , or should I say @gizmowiz ? ;) (why the change of avatar, by the way!).
    You are correct. I did not understand your message then, which is why I stated in the beginning I was puzzled...
    Anyways, I get it. Yes, it will definitely help to have had the chance of higher education to better understand some of the detailed graphs, yet I believe that a good portion of what Chad is trying to say as far as key messages is within the grasp of most if not all members of this forum...

And by all means, kindly leave any reference to fake news and your current president out of this discussion. As you know, political statements or innuendos should be avoided on the forum. Thank you.

5. JeffreyR

JeffreyR New Member

Home Page:
    • Like Like x 1