Byton, or the SCREEN as horizon

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Michael Russo, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

2. Alex - E for Electric

Byton's new unveiled electric SUV is something to talk about:

3. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Gracias Alex. Great question on charging strategy & plans you asked. How did you feel about the answer? ;)

In general, it would be great if you could add a bit of personal perspective when you publish your videos. Brief of course yet, as you become more & more in tune with all EV developments, your perspective can be interesting to this forum.

Agree that Byton could be intriguing if they succeed in making it to market. IMHO, the whole humongous screen and full connectivity is pushed a bit too far yet you make a valid point about time spent in cars with drivers in Chinese megalopolis’!!

4. Alex - E for Electric

Thank you! :) I think his answer was BS, just like a lot of other answers I get at CES from many executives I've interviewed. It seems that nobody knows the answer right now.

When I do on-location reports I just try to stick with information and not add too much of my opinion. But when I do my daily live streams at 11am PT I put more of my opinion and analysis into the topics I talk about. Tune in some time and participate in the chat!

5. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

6. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

InsideEV interviewed Byton’s VP of Engineering, drove in the prototype and walked away with the feeling Byton may be a start-up carmaker to be reckoned with...