Bought a CPO without Parking Sensors

Discussion in 'Model S' started by joriz, Sep 13, 2017.

1. joriz

joriz New Member

Hi,

Just a quick q. I bought a CPO MS P85 - 2013. It was never mentioned from any conversation with tesla rep that the one I was buying did not have parking sensor. I did not ask and it never crossed my mind to ask coz i thought it's part of the tech package. what luxury car does not have parking sensor? the conversation was solely what the car had but not what it did not have.

do i have the right to complain? or will my complain be an exercise in futility? at the very least, they should give us discount installing parking sensor .:) what do you think since tesla is well know for an excellent customer service.?

appreciate your take.

- Joriz

2. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    Parking sensors were not added on to the Tesla line until Late October/Early November 2013... It is an exercise in futility... I bought my car new and the package for the sensors appeared rig as I was taking delivery and added it for a fee at the time.

3. joriz

joriz New Member

Thanks Dennis. it's just that it's never mentioned anywhere from online or the doc i signed or from any other model as posted in the website. By not mentioning anything, they make it look like it's standard feature.

I understand it's always been an effective sales tactic to omit deficiencies during neg unless customer explicitly asks... too naive of me to think Tesla may be different. :(

4. Dennis

Dennis Moderator

Home Page:
    It has been a "known" thing in the community for years.

Some of the early "improvements" have been to get to "par' with other luxury brands.

I have often said that the Tesla is a 7 series car with a 3 series interior (for earlier interiors) and is now up to a 5 series interior... It keeps improving... But definitely a work in progress.

• Like Like x 1