"Autopilot Buddy" ® For Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Carl Reese, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Reese

Carl Reese New Member

Restore 7.0 AP functionality, stop the nag!

AutopilotBuddy.com

For Sale 199.00

Made in USA
    Durable Resin Design
    Hand Crafted
    Join the thousands that are "Ditching the Nag"

2. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Sigh, I was hoping that was an April Fools post.

3. Milan B

Milan B Member

if it really works, i would be interested. thanks.

4. Milan B

Milan B Member

i think i found one. will keep you posted. that last one i saw on ebay went for $710. so if i can get my hands on one i might just have to sell it :)

5. Milan B

Milan B Member

so getting my hands on one of these is proving way more difficult that i first thought. having a canadian address isn't enough at this point for me to order one. i will keep everyone posted. i know there are others out there like me that would like to test this on the track, as it is intended.

6. Milan B

Milan B Member

The vendor has a new cell phone holder out on the market. no pics of specs as of yet on their website. since i have not been able to get my hands on a "buddy" i am now trying to secure the cell phone holder. i will keep you posted to my efforts. thank you in advance to everyone that is viewing this post and hoping i succeed.

7. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    The stuff they have on the site now appears to be a joke product that they sell you and then you get the AP buddy for free. It's a bad idea all around.

8. Milan B

Milan B Member

all of this could be a joke, i agree. i have tried to get my hands on one and have yet to succeed. they have been great with giving me a refund considering some of the trouble was on my part with the shipping. i am not quite giving up just yet. so if and when i do get it, i will let you know. thanks.

9. Teslaliving

Teslaliving Moderator

Home Page:
    Well, if you're so intent on bypassing it, why not just save the money and get an orange?

10. Milan B

Milan B Member

Well, California Oranges don't seem to hold up. A Florida Orange might, but seeing as how i am a Tennessee Volunteer, i simply cannot degrade my car with anything floridian.

11. Carl Reese

Carl Reese New Member

#11 Carl Reese, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Details of the #1776 Tesla compatible cell phone holder (not an Autopilot Buddy) has been released on the website AutopilotBuddy.com $249.00 on sale for 199.00. Ships to the USA and Internationally.

12. Milan B

Milan B Member

My order is placed. i will let everyone know if the phone slides off as i go around a turn.

13. Milan B

Milan B Member

Everyone. i have had it for a couple of weeks now. it does what it says it does. however i do not recommend it. the phone gets in the way of the steering wheel controls. I have the Plus Size iPhone. The phone sticks out so far because the right side of it can only come so close to the wheel. going around some corners, the phone will slide off.
    improvements that i think should be made. 1. move it to the bottom of the wheel. even with a larger phone it should be able to stay within the wheel instead of poking out. 2. it clearly needs to weight more. the construction is good. this is not a statement about the build quality as it is a very good quality product. i just think it needs to weigh about a 10 to 15 ounces more then it does.
    lastly, as you can see from this thread, i tired to purchase the original AP Buddy. while that did not work out for me. Carl was very good with refunds. I think he is trying his best to help us tesla owners and i hope he will make adjustments to his phone holder.

14. Roy_H

Roy_H Member

This is incredibly stupid. First the 'nag' is there because the AP is far from perfected. Personally I wouldn't use AP at all. AutoPilot cannot detect stationary objects on the road like Firetrucks! Secondly, strapping anything to the steering wheel will get in the way of steering. In an emergency it could prevent you from getting a proper grip to avoid an accident.

15. Milan B

Milan B Member

you can avoid accidents by not driving at all.

16. Michael Russo

Michael Russo Moderator

Closing this thread which looks like it may go nowhere...

Autopilot should be used responsibly and when you do it is wonderful.
    No devices should counter the way it is programmed for obvious safety reasons...
    Am confident T≡SLA will continue to make it evolve for the better.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.